Ardrossan Dock Workers

For those researching family in the three towns area.
Del 80
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Ardrossan Dock Workers

Post by Del 80 »

Hughie, Thanks for that, I have not done any research myself for a while, just gone back to it, and was going through old posts, Samuel Clarke is proving very difficult to find, at least his death is, no-one in the family seems to know what happened to him.....maybe one day.....thanks again, Del.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hughie wrote:Hi Del,
If we accept that the Jenny listed below, adopted the name Jessie (after her mother) then she was indeed my grandfather Robert Boyce's sister. Haven't done any research for many years now, so can't add to that. :(
Hughie wrote:
Children of John BOYCE and Jessie McCRACKEN were:
Jenny BOYCE, born Aft. 1891.
Alice BOYCE, born Aft. 1891.
George BOYCE, born Aft. 1891.
John BOYCE, born Aft. 1891.
Here's the headstone confirming the Jenny / Jessie connection:
Del 80
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Del 80 »

Hughie, Thank you for that, I see that Samuel's second name is spelt ALLEN, not ALLAN, very interesting.....one more thing, I have Sam and Jessie's deaths in Saltcoats, I assume that is where the photo was taken ?........Del.
Del 80
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Del 80 »

With Hughie's post bringing this topic to life again, just wanted to say that I have still not found a death for Samuel Allan Clarke's father, Samuel snr. Although this was most likely in Ireland, if anyone has ANYTHING of interest, I would be most pleased to hear it............Del.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Del 80 wrote:I have Sam and Jessie's deaths in Saltcoats, I assume that is where the photo was taken ?........Del.
Hi Del, It was taken at Ardrossan cemetery.
Del 80
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Del 80 »

Hughie, Thanks for that, not done a lot myself recently........but retiring shortly, and determined to find out what happened to Samuel Clarke......he was my wife's great grandfather.........Del.
Del 80
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Del 80 »

Bit of a long shot this, but does anyone have, or know where I could obtain any photos of Cranemen, at Ardrossan docks ?........looking for one person in particular, Head Craneman Hugh Joseph Clarke, probably know to one and all as ''Josey''......timescale would be mid 1940's to 1960's..........as I said, a long shot......but you never know......Del.
martiboy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by martiboy »

My gif came over from County Down. Worked the docks till around 1920 then moved to stevenston. Jimmy Murray
martinjmurray
martiboy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by martiboy »

My gif came over from County Down. Worked the docks till around 1920 then moved to stevenston. Jimmy Murray
martinjmurray
Del 80
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Del 80 »

Thanks for that.....not done any work on this for a long while, your reply has got me going on this topic again.....still not found a death for Samuel Clarke senior, after nearly ten years looking.....I wonder if your relative knew our relatives ? it would seem more than likely......if anyone has any information on the Clarke family, I would be glad to hear from them......Del.