Todd - Saltcoats

For those researching family in the three towns area.
rmcmurtry

Todd - Saltcoats

Post by rmcmurtry »

Hi,
I am new to this website and trying to figure out how to use it.

I am trying to find descendants of Elizabeth Reid Todd Watson d 2002 Saltcoats and John Todd d 1996 Saltcoats.

I think Frank and Marie Todd were children of Francis John Reid Todd. I believe that Frank has moved to Warrington in England, but I was wondering if anyone has any idea of how I might locate the Frank's Todd or Watson cousins.

My next step is to get the death certificates for Elizabeth and John and then write to the addresses where they died, but is there any other way????

PS: My McMurtry married a Todd descended from Todds who came from Ireland to America in the 1730s. Frank and Marie Todd are desc from an Irish Todd family that came to Glasgow and then to Saltcoats about 1915.

Richard McMurtry
Todd FAmilies in America
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Todd - Saltcoats

Post by Penny Tray »

Richard,

There are several families by the name of TODD in the local on-line telephone directory, along with full addresses. This may be a starting point for you?

http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha ... &x=23&y=13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
peterm1711
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by peterm1711 »

rmcmurtry wrote:Hi,
I am new to this website and trying to figure out how to use it.

I am trying to find descendants of Elizabeth Reid Todd Watson d 2002 Saltcoats and John Todd d 1996 Saltcoats.

I think Frank and Marie Todd were children of Francis John Reid Todd. I believe that Frank has moved to Warrington in England, but I was wondering if anyone has any idea of how I might locate the Frank's Todd or Watson cousins.

My next step is to get the death certificates for Elizabeth and John and then write to the addresses where they died, but is there any other way????

PS: My McMurtry married a Todd descended from Todds who came from Ireland to America in the 1730s. Frank and Marie Todd are desc from an Irish Todd family that came to Glasgow and then to Saltcoats about 1915.

Richard McMurtry
Todd FAmilies in America
The Marie Todd you mention in your post, was her family home in Burns Avenue, Saltcoats in the 1960s & 70s? If so, that's a possible address where her parents died.

I was at St Andrew's Academy in the same school year as Marie in the early 70's, and knew her well back then.

The last I'd heard of her she'd moved down to England, but I couldn't say if she's returned to Saltcoats or not, as I haven't seen her for several years.

I suggest you speak to Lynda from this site, who was also at school with us, because her and Marie would've known each other very well. They are both Saltcoats girls.

In this photo below, see the 1st girl sitting at the desk on the right, well Marie Todd is standing directly behind her, wearing the dark polo-neck jersey. She'd be 13 or 14 in this pic.
Attachments
St Andrew's Opening Day.jpg
SolcotsSue

Post by SolcotsSue »

I knew of the Marie Todd in the above post as my sister went around with her at school many, many years ago. I don't know where she is now, but if I remember correctly her Mum's name was Mary.

I also knew of a Frank & Marie Todd who lived down the road from me in Saltcoats in Ivanhoe Drive, they were brother & sister. Their Dad, think his name was Frank (though not sure) died in the 1970's. His wife's name I cannot remember and don't know if any of them are still living or where they may be now.

I remember though the young Frank Todd went to Auchenharvie Academy and was keen on football, not sure if he was in the school football team. Frank would be aged about mid 50's now or slightly less, but something tells me he may not still be living. I don't know. :?

My memory may not be 100% accurate, but hope it may help you in your search, even if it does help you in possibly an elimination.
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

Todd Elizabeth Reid 19/06/1942 Saltcoats M William John Watson, Ardrossan

Saltcoats Registry office can do a search regarding above names .Fee involved

sweet caroline

Edit - is this one of yours
Todd Francis Reid 16 12 1966 Kilmarnock Infirmary. D 37yrs.& husband of Grace Harvey, 9 Ivanhoe Drive, Saltcoats
Todd Frank 08 12 1967 MM Died December 12th 1966 always remembered his wife & family, 9 Ivanhoe Drive, Saltcoats
Todd Frank 08 12 1967 MM Died December 12th 1966 ever in the thoughts of his parents-in-law Mary & Jimmy, 13 Whitlees Crescent, Ardrossan
Todd Frank 15 12 1967 MM Died December 12th 1966 remembered by his sister Elsie,Wullie & family
Todd Frank 15 12 1967 MM Died December 12th 1966 ever remembered by his sister-in-law Elsie, Billy & family in England
Todd Frank 15 12 1967 MM Died December 12th 1966 remembered by Martin
Watson Margaret Reid Todd 09/08/1968 St Johns Church, Ardrossan M William McPhee Ballantyne, Ardrossan
Free site -http://www.ayrshire-roots.co.uk/vSignup/login.php
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
SolcotsSue

Post by SolcotsSue »

Ahh, thanks sweetcaroline. Remember now, his wife's name was Grace.

:good:
stevie

Post by stevie »

Solcots Sue has got it mostly right but here goes. Marie and Frank are the children of the late Francis Reid Todd and Grace (Harvey), 9 Ivanhoe Drive, Saltcoats. Mrs Todd is still alive and well living at the same address. My mother has been her neighbour for over 40 years and Frank was a pal of mine. Hope this helps.
williet

Post by williet »

Went to school with Frank. There is some photo's on this site re football teams of Kyleshill and Auchenharvie. Frank and myself are in both. Think Frank married Fiona McClelland of Dalry Road and moved away. Havn't seen him for 25 years.
rebel
New Poster
New Poster

Post by rebel »

My mother was Margaret Todd elder sister to Elsie, Jean ,Frank, May, and John. Younger sister to Ellen. Grandfather was John Todd from Colraine in Ireland.