Shedden and Mansell

For those researching family in the three towns area.
ElaineV
New Poster
New Poster

Shedden and Mansell

Post by ElaineV »

I have been a member for several years now though this is my first posting, I check in weekly to see whats new and it sure takes me back to many happy days in Stevenston. I thought it was about time to see if I can find any long lost family or friends. I lived in Stevenston until I was 5 when we moved to Hamilton, though we returned often as my grandparents lived in Stevenston and Ardrossan until they passed away in the 70's/80's, so here's hoping some of you remember them. My mother is Margaret Mansell born and raised in Stevenston, her parents were Richard and Rita Mansell, both my Mum and my grandfather worked at ICI for many years and I did find referance on your website to my Great Grandfather George Mansell who was killed in the 1914 Disaster. My father is Robert Shedden born and raised in Ardrossan, his parents were Robert and Maisie Shedden(Shearer). Love to hear from anyone who thinks they may remember them or can tell me of any family I may still have in the Threetowns.
sea angler
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Shedden and Mansell

Post by sea angler »

hello elaine."david kelly" here my grand parents were robert and maissie shedden from ardrossan. is your dad "ritchie" shedden? do you have a sister called "lynn" if so then"hello long lost cousin" this is my first time on computer "better late than never" so i hope you get this message
karen

Post by karen »

Hello Elaine,

My Mum, (nee Joyce Delooze) was talking very fondly today about a family called Shedden that she visited on holiday in the 1940's in Ardrossen. She can't remember the name of the parents of the family, (the dad of the family was in the navy with my Granddad, Walter Delooze), but she can remember a boy called Robert and a girl called Jean. They lived in an apartment above a shop in Princes St, near the railway station. She remembers that Jean came to Warrington for a visit when she got married, which would have been in the 1950's. I saw your post and wondered if your Dad was the same Robert Shedden?

Many thanks,

Karen Blenkinsop
ElaineV
New Poster
New Poster

Post by ElaineV »

Hi Karen

I think it is indeed the same family though I think the Navy guy was my Uncle Ian, Roberts older brother, my Dad is Robert and my grandparents lived on Princes St. Uncle Ian did indeed marry a Jean so pretty sure we are the same Shedden's

Elaine
KerrClement

Post by KerrClement »

Hi Elaine,
My name is Kerr Clement.
Your Uncle Jim and I were school pals.
We have managed to meet again these past couple of years. Your Gran, Rita and my mother were best friends.
I remember your mum, Margaret and also the two of you as young girls at your Gran's house in Ardoch Crescent.
Best Wishes
Kerr Clement