Queen of the Sea Question

For those researching family in the three towns area.
maggie T
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Queen of the Sea Question

Post by maggie T »

Wellpark9.Could be ,a think he lived Springvale Place ,if its the one a knew,the other wee page boy might be Moria's brother?
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

Think you said John McLaughlin grew up to have some success in business locally, Margaret ? ; and that your cousin Sam has been equally well-known as a local councillor. This must be him here, back to preside at the modern revival of the Sea Queen event in the year 2000, in our threetowners.com Sea Queen feature :

And by happy chance I see it's also Graham's niece Hazel who is the Sea Queen there. :)

There's also another photo on 3T of Moira McGuire at the Sea Queen event in 1951; this time she's with one of the officials , and I would guess those are probably spectators rather than participants on the left. It was previously posted by Little Plum,and I've provided the direct link to his picture here:
viewtopic.php?p=61803#p81803

Susan
Last edited by down south on Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doreen Smillie-Flinn
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Post by Doreen Smillie-Flinn »

Lovely to see the write up on the 1960 Queen of the Sea, I was one of the maids of honour on the day. All good fun! Doreen Smillie (Flinn)

I have some pictures if anyone can advise me on how to post them x
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

A warm welcome to you, Doreen. If you feel inclined please introduce yourself in our 'just joined' topic Here :)

See this topic for instructions on posting images to the forum.