Any WORKMAN Descendants in 3-Towns?

For those researching family in the three towns area.
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Any WORKMAN Descendants in 3-Towns?

Post by Jim McCreadie »

Seeking any descendants of the WORKMAN family who may still reside in the area of the three towns. Robert Spier Workman married Margaret Baird Campbell on 9th Sep 1881 at Saltcoats. Their children were:

Mary Gilbert Gordon Workman (b. c 1882, Saltcoats d. 29 July 1947, 8 Franklin Road, Saltcoats)

Archibald Workman, (b. c 1884, Saltcoats d. Jan 1914, Heilbron, Orange Free State (OFS), South Africa) who married Annie Murray McEwan in Sep or Oct 1910 at the Wesleyan Church, Heilbron, OFS.

Boyd Campbell Workman (b. c 1886, Saltcoats d. 13 July 1942, Glasgow)
who married Jean Glen of Lugar in late-March 1911 at Glasgow.

Jessie Baird Workman (b. 19 Feb 1887, Windmill St, Saltcoats d. 03 Feb 1957, Saltcoats) married James McCreadie (b. 02 Aug 1889, Carleton Mains, near Lendalfoot d. 27 Feb 1941, SS Stanwold, English Channel) on 11 Jul 1923 at “Dorlin”, 56 Caledonia Rd, Saltcoats

Robert Workman (died in infancy).

Lilias Pattison Workman (b. c 1891, Saltcoats d. 13 July 1956, Kilmarnock Infirmary, Ayrshire)

Minnie C Workman (b. c 1893 Saltcoats, d. unknown, unknown)

James C. Workman (b. c 1899, Saltcoats d. unknown, unknown).

Any information gratefully received.

Jim McCreadie
Fremantle
Western Australia.
chloejane
Settling In
Settling In

Workman descendants

Post by chloejane »

Hi there, I am trying to trace my fathers family, his mother was Eliazabeth Carson Workman, and she was married to James Murray born 1894?? Died Greenock 1960. James Murray i beleive had 2 sisters a Catherine or Katherine? and a Elizabeth *Lizzie*, they migrated to Whitefish, Montana. I think Elizabeth Workman died around 1930's?? James was the son of John Murray (coalminer) and Margaret Ryan, who remarried and became Margaret Ross. Would appreciate any information on any of these if anyone has any. Cheers
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Jim McCreadie »

Hi ChloeJane
Sorry but your WORKMAN does not appear related to mine at this point in my research. However, if that changes, please be assured I will be in contact. My paternal grandmother was a MURRAY of the Saltcoats "fishing MURRAYs" and I noted your enquiry re a MURRAY. Again same result, not related - I am certain of it.

Regards.

Jim McCreadie
Fremantle
WA
chloejane
Settling In
Settling In

Workman

Post by chloejane »

thanks for that Jim, yes my Murray's are the coalminer variety !! I have been successful in finding a lot on the maternal side, but struggling with the paternal side. Cheers Marion
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Workman Family

Post by Jim McCreadie »

Marion
Please respond via a "PM"; I believe I have a development which may interest you.

Jim McCreadie
Fremantle
WA
Workman
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Any WORKMAN Descendants in 3-Towns?

Post by Workman »

Are you still looking for relative of Archibald workman die in orange free state 1914
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Jim McCreadie »

:hi: Yes please. Being retired, my family genealogy keeps me occupied.

Archibald's widow may have returned to Scotland but I am uncertain of this and am unaware of any children. I believe his occupation was Telegraphist and his sister married my great-uncle.

As a new member of the site, I believe you cannot yet send me a PM. However, I can be contacted at

jimmccreadie[AT]iinet.net.au (Edited to prevent scamming. Replace [AT] with the usual character)
Workman
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Workman »

My father was robert speir workman who came to australia at the age of 17. He didn,t get married until he was 42 and married patrica mary robertson in bridgetown wa march 27 1953. I have a brother robert bruce workman born 4/7/1955 and i am julie ann workman born16/5/1960 both in bridgetown wa. Dad passed away 15th feb 1990.
And buried in bridgetown.
Hope this helps abit
Regards julie