ASH 1948-59 added

For those researching family in the three towns area.
Alex Hughes
Settling In
Settling In

ASH 1948-59 added

Post by Alex Hughes »

IMPORTANT! THESE RESOURSES NO LONGER EXIST. SEE THIS TOPIC : https://www.threetowners.net/forum/view ... 21#p180321
=============================================================================================================
Hi Folks

The third section of the Ardrossan & Saltcoats Herald Intimation database is now complete. It now covers 1930 - 1959 with 112,000 entries.

Visit: http://www.ayrshire-roots.co.uk/ash.php

You need to join to gain access and membership is free. If you already have an account just login as usual.

tata

Alex
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Absolutely wonderful work Alex. You and your team of volunteers have done a magnificent job. This is definitely a must see resource for anyone researching local families.

Stickied 8)
Alex Hughes
Settling In
Settling In

Post by Alex Hughes »

Hi Hughie

Thanks for the kind words! I will be glad when it is completed thought!

tata

Alex
jockbird

Post by jockbird »

Alex,

I've just had a look at the database and wanted to say a big thank you as it provided me with so much information. Brilliant work.

Best wishes
Donna :wink:
karen elizabeth robertson
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Post by karen elizabeth robertson »

I am having problems finding my own birth. Are these only births that would have appeared in the newspaper?
looking for sheena thomas (nee adam} mother cathrine aunt christina high road address
Alex Hughes
Settling In
Settling In

Post by Alex Hughes »

Hi Kanen

Yes, it is entries in the newspaper intimations.

If your parents did not add and pay for your details to go in the paper - they will not be there.

Alex
Ann
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: ASH 1948-59 added

Post by Ann »

Hi Alex,
I'm actually having great difficulty getting on the site. When I try to log in it tells me they already have the email in their database, and that my user name or password is incorrect. I asked for help (forgot password email) it does not send it to me. Any insite on what I may be doing wrong???
Ann
nan
Settling In
Settling In

Post by nan »

Hi Alex
I am having problems getting into this site,I have put what I believe my user name to be and my password,it says they dont match,I asked to be reminded of my password and got the message that an e mail has been sent to the e mail address I registered with, but no e mail comes, tried this a few times now.
would really love to have a browse in this site, any help would be very much appreciated.

Regards Nan
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi Nan,

I just tried the "I forgot my password" on the ASH site and I got a reminder sent to my e-mail address. Are you still using the same email address you registered with?

You could always click on the wee envelope icon under Alex Hughes' name in the above post and send him an e-mail with your problem.

Hope this helps.
nan
Settling In
Settling In

Post by nan »

Hi Hew
Yes, I only have the 1 e mail address,except for my work one but I never use that at home, have tried requesting reminder many times and it always tells me that a reminder has been sent but I never get it. I will PM Alex.
Thank you for reply anyway.
Nan
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Nan, I just checked and you are using hotmail. They are notorious for sending such automatic response posts to the trash can - sometimes they tag them as spam. So check for the password reminder in your hotmail account's trash can. Hope this helps.
nan
Settling In
Settling In

Post by nan »

Hi, Thanks for the advice but that didnt work either, nothing in the junk folder.