John Mathieson descendants

For those researching family in the three towns area.
onescot
Settling In
Settling In

John Mathieson descendants

Post by onescot »

Would anyone have any more info on a Jock Mathieson as I believe he may have married my great Auntie Catherine Taylor.

John Alexander Mathieson married Catherine Taylor in 1928 at Kilwinning and on the wedding certificate his occupation was professional footballer.(possibly played for Kilmarnock and Saltcoats Vics)

I believe they both died in Saltcoats and probably stayed there.

Any info on them or descendants would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ian
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: John Mathieson descendants

Post by Penny Tray »

John Mathieson is listed as a Kilmarnock FC player in the following article:-

https://playupliverpool.com/1927/08/01/ ... etic-news/

I wonder if he's in this photo?

http://new.theclaymoreproject.com/uploa ... %20Lge.jpg

The Ardrossan & Saltcoats Herald B/D/M database shows that in the edition of 2/1/1931 that a Catherine Crawford Taylor, wife of a John Mathieson, 8 Hill Street, Saltcoats, died in the Victoria Infirmary, Glasgow.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
onescot
Settling In
Settling In

Post by onescot »

Thanks Penny,

Where could I get a copy of the death transcript? I tried finding the death certificate on scotlandspeople but to no avail. If Catherine died in 1931 she would only have been around 24.

Thanks
Ian Taylor
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Ian,

I'm assuming that by "death transcript" you mean "death certificate," in which case it should be available via the local Registrar's office -

http://www.bmd-certificates.co.uk/regis ... coats.html

If, on the other hand, you're wondering where I got the information about the death of Catherine Crawford Taylor or Mathieson (who I hope is the lady in whom you have an interest), it was from the following link - free of charge. From your knowledge of the families, you may be able to pick up other family connections.

http://www.ayrshire-roots.co.uk/ash.php
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
onescot
Settling In
Settling In

Post by onescot »

Hi Penny,

Thanks for that and yes I am researching the Taylor family tree. Can be difficult sometimes with such a common name. Our bunch drifted from Kilmacolm to North Ayrshire particularly around Kilwinning, Irvine and Ardrossan.
Now we are much further afield in Australia. Interesting to see that John Mathieson played for Kilmarnock as my grandfather Arthur Taylor (Catherine's brother) played for them too around that time (perhaps that's the connection with Catherine). It would be tragic if Catherine died so early in life at 24 as Arthur died early too at 33 and hence we don't have much information on them.

Kind Regards
Ian Taylor
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by hahaya2004 »

Hi Ian, go to Scotlands People again and look for Catherine Taylor, died 1930, age 22, in Cathcart (Glasgow), county of Lanark. The certificate is there. You can display it for 6 credits and save it as a jpeg or pdf.
Irene
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
onescot
Settling In
Settling In

Post by onescot »

Thanks Irene

Got it...that was her...married at 21 and died at 22 how sad

Kind Regards
Ian
Ian Mathieson
Just Arrived
Just Arrived