Charles and Theresa Docherty

For those researching family in the three towns area.
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Charles and Theresa Docherty

Post by sweet caroline »

Dalbeth Cemetery
Also known as: St Peters RC Cemetery
1920 London Road
Glasgow
Glasgow City  Scotland

http://www.discoverglasgow.org/cemeteri ... 4577993274
Edit-http://www.glasgowfamilyhistory.org.uk/ ... sters.aspx

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
Colin30Something
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Colin30Something »

Wow thanks for the assistance, sorry for my vagueness before. I'll make a better point to be more specific in future posting!
Belland
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Post by Belland »

John Walls Docherty and my grandmother were first cousins. Our common ancestors are Marjory Devine and Bernard Docherty. They were my Gt-Gt-Grandparents and, from the information that you give, they were your Gt-Gt-Gt-Gt-Grandparents.
They married in Donegal, Ireland in 1844 and sometime between then and 1848 they moved from Ireland to Scotland. The family story is that their intention was to travel to America but for reasons unknown they got no further than Scotland. They settled initially in Glasgow and then moved to Saltcoats, Ayrshire. They lived at 11 Vernon Street. They had 7 children : John, Edward, Patrick, Charles (your Gt-Gt-Gt-Grandfather), Margaret, Annie and Marjory ( my Gt-Grandmother)
Neither John, Edward nor Annie ever married, but the remaining 4 all married and had children. Many of them lived in the Govan area of Glasgow.
Marjorie Devine died in Saltcoats in 1902; Bernard Docherty died some 20 years earlier in 1883 in Glasgow.
I hope this helps with your research.
segdoune
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Post by segdoune »

At one time a death had to be registered where it took place.
You may be able to view a death record for 1855 on web site ScotlandsPeople.
There is a charge for credits but well worth it.