Giovannetti Family

For those researching family in the three towns area.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Giovannetti Family

Post by morag »

Hughie wrote:
Hughie wrote:I'm sure our members will be able to help you in your quest to trace your ancestry.
Was I right? What a great bunch of members we have on threetowners. They are always up to the challenge, and have helped so many over the years.
:hi:
Hughie...we don't give you enough credit...I'm in awe at what you do here, honest!
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Fionamcdonald1201
Settling In
Settling In

Post by Fionamcdonald1201 »

Omg this is overwhelming!

I would love to get in contact properly with you all. I cannot wait to visit Barga this May :D

I recently joined ancestry.com and I would be forever grateful to gain access to the family tree.

Thank you so much.

Fiona.
Fionamcdonald1201
Settling In
Settling In

gnyaff wrote:Hi Fiona,

I have been reading these posts with interest. How long ago was your father in Auchenharvie Road. I may have known him. Can you tell me the number he lived in, I can still remember 85% of the people who lived in the street from my time there.

Wee Boney
Hi there,
My dad (john mcdonald) grew up in number 63 auchenharvie road. He lived with his granny. Rumor has it he was a mischievous wee boy growing up and was the local milk boy.

Fiona
gnyaff
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by gnyaff »

Hi Fiona,

63 Auchenharvie Road was across the road from me. I lived at Number 66.
At 63 was a lady called Eileen Scott who lived there with her mother, Eileen did have a child, though as far as I know she did not get on with the father as he did not live there. How old would your dad be now?
Her next door neighbours would have been Jackie Brown and his Daughter Joyce who lived at 65, Jackie had a barber shop at Auchenharvie shops on Old Raise Road. On the other side at 61 were the Lyon Family. A daughter whom I don't remember the name. The older son was Jim and the younger son was Bruce. I did have contact with Bruce back in the seventies and he was in Saudi Arabia at that time.

Wee Boney
Fionamcdonald1201
Settling In
Settling In

Hi wee Boney,

Eileen Scott is my gran (small world). Her mum was Henrietta Lynn aka nana etta. Unfortunately she passed away in december 1987.

My dad is 55 years old and has shared some fond memories down that Street from when he was a kid. His father wasn't on the scene and spent his childhood with his nana etta.

Fiona.
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
Fionamcdonald1201
Settling In
Settling In

That's amazing! Never knew his even happened in Saltcoats back in the day ☺
cesare giovanetti
New Poster
New Poster

Post by cesare giovanetti »

wzte="John Donnelly"]Louis had a son who had a driving school with offices in the old cafe. Can't remember his first name. I took lessons from him.

JD.[/quote]

Hi John, the son you mentioned who had the driving school (Star School of Motoring) was my father. I am Cesare Giovanetti aged 51 (we changed the name back).

I was the youngest of 4 children. Louis (now deceased), Christopher and Maria. I married Tina and lived overseas in the Middle East and Africa for 20 years. We moved back to Stirlingshire a couple of years ago. Our children are Francesca, Lucy and Massimo

If anyone else has any further info or photos on the family then please post on here...Regards Cesare
cesare giovanetti
New Poster
New Poster

Fionamcdonald1201 wrote:Hi there,

I really hope somebody can comment back. I've been tracing my family history as I have been given a snippet into my father's ancestry.

Over the Christmas holidays I have discovered that I am Louis Giovannetti's great great grand-daughter. His father I believe is Caeseri Giovannetti (I think that is how you spell it). It has been confirmed that he owned/ran the Sunset cafe in Saltcoats and lived in Douglas prior to that. The Giovannetti's originally originated from a little town called Barga aka Little Scotland (near Pisa- since the discover I am off to "sightsee" the town this May). I am also led to believe that Louis was part of the Navy - which one I do not know.

If anybody has anymore information I would be forever grateful if you could share. For me, I have no knowledge of my family history and to gain a glimpse has been fascinating.

Thank you!
Fionamcdonald1201, I am Cesare Giovanetti. My Grandfather was Louis Giovanetti who owned the sunset cafe.

I moved back to Scotland with my wife and three children from overseas a couple of years ago.

email me on: cesaregiovanetti@hotmail.co.uk and I will send you my tel number so we can talk....kind regards Cesare
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

cesare giovanetti wrote:wzte="John Donnelly"]Louis had a son who had a driving school with offices in the old cafe. Can't remember his first name. I took lessons from him.

JD.
Hi John, the son you mentioned who had the driving school (Star School of Motoring) was my father. I am Cesare Giovanetti aged 51 (we changed the name back).

[/quote]

Cesare, hi.

What was you father's first name? I have fond memories of my driving lessons with him in the wee Morris Minor.

JD.
cesare giovanetti
New Poster
New Poster

Hi John, he was also Cesare but known as Chez. He also Hillman Imps as well for a few years.
.Regards
Cesare

Post by Guest »

your granpa Louigi scott was born in dumbarton his mum&dad were cesare giovannetti &maria nardini from barga they came about 1900 he had 2 brothers johnny & leo & a sister &brother who died about 14 years old their buried in dumbarton with cesare &maria cesare had the victoria resturaunt in raise st. saltcoats just across from the autoshop at factory pl louis had the cross cafe stevenston &the sunset cafe kyleshill my granpa leo johnny & young louis had chipvans leo was the only one born in barga dont know why they might have been on holiday 1911my brother has family tree back to 15th century in italy the family came from a village outside barga barga is full of relatives nardini biagi marchetti and many more think louis changed his name to evade internment but dont know as he was born in scotland leo was in the pioneer corp as he was italian till he married and then had to sign an oath to become british in 1938 i remember louis well he was a big guy and always had a big cigar hanging from his mouth he drove big cars like jaguars and the like most folk didnt have cars then he drove so fast the police couldny catch him haha