Giovannetti Family

For those researching family in the three towns area.
wellparkno9
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Re: Giovannetti Family

Post by wellparkno9 »

Penny Tray,the big Louis I knew had the Sunset Cafe on the Kyleshill Brae,changed his name to Scott so he would not be interred,but there are relations who are members of this site who would know better than me.I was at school with Biaca Goivanneti and I think a Tony now in Australia.I can remember Big Louis son or nephew ? Having the chip vans and the wee guy from Sannox Dr ran one too.Then there was the one from Raise St who was a photographer,hope this helps.
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

Cesare Giovannett–1959
Birth 15 Nov.1875 • Barga, Tuscany, Italy
Death 16 DEC 1959 • SALTCOATS Ayrshire Scotland
Wife
Maria Nardini
Maria Nardini
1883–1954
Birth ABT 1883 • Italy
Death 13 MAR 1954 • Raise St.Ardrossan

Son
Luigi Giovanni Carlo (Louis Scott) Giovannetti
Birth 05 JUL 1903 • Dumbarton, Dunbartonshire, Scotland
Death 25 APR 1983 • Ayrshire, Scotland

Cesara
Maria
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Thanks for coming in with that information Wellparkno9. Great photos SC.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

The then Duke of Argyll started bringing them over to help manage his estate.

Edit- Maria's sister Italia Nardini married Guiseppi Piacentini at Kilmarnock
1911 • St.Josephs Chapel,Kilmarnock ,died 1969 Saltcoats.

There are very good trees on Ancestry of the family.

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

meekan wrote: Penny
When I was knew him it was definitely Corrie Crescent he lived, picked him up a few times going to work. However he or some of his family may have stayed in Sannox Drive at some time.
Louis Scott - he used to have a chip van that went around the schemes in the three towns - lived in 8 Clyde Terrace with his family in the late 60s/early 70s.

Meg
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Louis had a son who had a driving school with offices in the old cafe. Can't remember his first name. I took lessons from him.

JD.
sherlock
Settling In
Settling In

Post by sherlock »

I worked with Bianca Giovannette on the buses and knew her family years ago, they lived in Corrie Crescent in Saltcoats. Her older sister was called Sandra then there was her brothers who I think were called Paul and Carlos. Paul lives in Saltcoats in Simpson Drive and the house number is either 14 or 13 and is married to Rae?.I hope this is helpful to you.
Fionamcdonald1201
Settling In
Settling In

Post by Fionamcdonald1201 »

This is all so fascinating. Thank you everybody who has included some form of memory or knowledge into the Giovannetti search.

There are some things mentioned that are triggering my father's mind from what he may know from when he was a wee boy living on auchenharvie road and being a milk boy just round the corner from wellpark motors.

Fiona.
gnyaff
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by gnyaff »

Hi Fiona,

I have been reading these posts with interest. How long ago was your father in Auchenharvie Road. I may have known him. Can you tell me the number he lived in, I can still remember 85% of the people who lived in the street from my time there.

Wee Boney
Paulgwa

Post by Paulgwa »

Fiona,

My number three son (Joseph) and myself have done and are still working on the family history, Louis Scott (Giovannetti) was my uncle (Big Louis as opposed to his son who was young Louis) Cesare (Louis, Leoand Johnnies dad) was my grandfather. There are quite a few descendants still living in Ayshire, great picture of gramps taken at Corrie Crescent (did you post that Caroline?) Paul (me) married Rachel White and we live in Western Australia, my brother John lives in Sannox drive.
If you want to join in the hunt Fiona contact me and we can exchange a few details and Joseph can give you access to the tree.
As an aside Big Louis I think changed his name after the war, he was in the fire service (because of his age) while his brothers Leo and John (Johnnie) were in the British army, at this time gramps and gran were interred I think first on the Isle of Man and then in Glasgow, sweet deal.

Paul Giovannetti (snr.)
paulgiowa@hotmail.com
Joe Gio

Post by Joe Gio »

Hi Fiona or I should probably say cousin :P
I've been working on the family tree for a few years with my dad now and we're Giovannetti's. Johnnie as some call him was my grandfather. Someone else also mentioned my Aunt Bianca, Aunt Sandra, Unlce Louie and my dad Paul. Your also right that Louis Giovannetti changed his name to Louis Scott (originally Luigi Giovanni Carlo Giovannetti) who also had a son called Luigi Giovanni Carlo Giovannetti (can't remember if he also changed his name to Louis Scott, I need to check with my dad) and he had a daughter Caroline Scott. Luigi Snr also had 2 other kids called Catherine Ann Giovannetti and Cesare Giovannetti (not sure if they changed their names to Scott at some point also, again my dad would know a bit more). I don't know if they changed them through proper means or just started using them at some point. It was an interesting story my dad remembers better than me.
We still have family in Barga also that I met for the first time in 2014 when we were there on holiday.
Most of the family are living in Perth, Western Australia now. Aunt Bianca actually passed away in 2011 and Aunt Sandra in 1995.
Would be great to get in contact some more, feel free to email me at lil_scot@hotmail.com
I also have the family tree on ancestry.com so I can send you a link and you can see the family I have on there so far.
Thanks Fiona and to everyone else who have replied, I'm always looking for information on the family as my grandparents passed away when I was young so it's awesome finding out what they did back in Scotland :)
Cheers,
Joe Giovannetti
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hughie wrote:I'm sure our members will be able to help you in your quest to trace your ancestry.
Was I right? What a great bunch of members we have on threetowners. They are always up to the challenge, and have helped so many over the years.
:hi: