Love/Lockhart/Halbert

For those researching family in the three towns area.
elainevz
New Poster
New Poster

Love/Lockhart/Halbert

Post by elainevz »

I am researching the Love/Lockhart/Halbert/Cairney families. I know that the great granddaughter of Francis Love b 1781 Elizabeth Lockhart Love Halbert married Henry Cairney and they emigrated to South Africa in the early 1900s when he worked at the Modderfontein Dynamite factory. Elizabeth was the daughter of Francis' granddaughter Mary Smith who married George Halbert

I have found documents relating to William Love born 15 May 1858 Saltcoats. In 1895 he was living at 35 Caledonia Road. Does anyone know how he fits into the family?

I am planning a visit to Ayrshire early 2016 and would very much like to know as much as possible about the family and if possible, if there are any relatives around. I do know that Elizabeth and her daughters travelled to Scotland in 1937 and visited Jean Halbert at 8 Montgomerie Street, Ardossan

Any information would be very much appreciated
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Love/Lockhart/Halbert

Post by Penny Tray »

Elaine,

You may know this already but the Postal Directory for 1937 shows that the householder at 8 Montgomery Street, Ardrossan, was WILLIAM HALBERT, Retired.

The death of a WILLIAM HALBERT, husband of MARGARET WALLACE, is then intimated in the 15/4/1938 edition of the Ardrossan and Saltcoats Herald.

The death then of MARGARET WALLACE HALBERT, (67), Montgomery Street, daughter of WILLIAM HALBERT, is intimated in the 16/2/1968 edition of the Ardrossan and Saltcoats Herald. There is an acknowledgement in the same newspaper from "the family".

Again, if you haven't already done so, you should peruse the family names in the Ardrossan and Saltcoats Herald Birth, Death, Marriage database, at no cost.

http://www.ayrshire-roots.co.uk/ash.php
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
elainevz
New Poster
New Poster

Post by elainevz »

Thanks Penny
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Halbert's had a garage in Stevenston.