World War 1 casualties - missing details

For those researching family in the three towns area.
MarkDingwall
New Poster
New Poster

Re: World War 1 casualties - missing details

Post by MarkDingwall »

Whoops! Thanks Penny for the correction!
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

9 Winton Circus ,Saltcoats, Capt. 4th att.2nd Royal Scotts Fuseliers. Born Kilmaurs
http://imgur.com/a/INIEo

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Well done SC!
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

Thanks PT.

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

My grampa came back from the war 'a bit dighted', understandably. Apparently threatened the family with a light bulb to blow them all up if they didn't wheesht! It was all gas light then, they'd never seen a light bulb..they wheesht! He was funny, loved him! 8)
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
MarkDingwall
New Poster
New Poster

Post by MarkDingwall »

Fantastic work Caroline!
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

Seems to be remembered at Ypres (Menin Gate) Memorial - Commonwealth War Graves .

Edit-CaptainDate of Death:31/07/1917Regiment/Service:Royal Scots Fusiliers 4th Bn. Panel Reference:Panel 19 and 33.Memorial:YPRES (MENIN GATE) MEMORIAL

SC
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Perhaps some of you guys will have this information. My great uncle William Conway's name is inscribed on the Stevenston war memorial and also I think on a headstone in Bangor County Down where his father is interred. He was killed in 1915 and according to my grannie blown to bits in the front line of trenches. Hence he would have no known grave. Where did he enlist and which regiment was he in. Thanks.
MANBEAR
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by MANBEAR »

5siamese7 wrote:Perhaps some of you guys will have this information. My great uncle William Conway's name is inscribed on the Stevenston war memorial and also I think on a headstone in Bangor County Down where his father is interred. He was killed in 1915 and according to my grannie blown to bits in the front line of trenches. Hence he would have no known grave. Where did he enlist and which regiment was he in. Thanks.
Bill there are 4 William Conway listed in Irish records first worldwar with there regiments
Mir.inflandersfields.be/search.html.
Hope you have success,also if you know the date of his fathers death and his wife's name and if there was a anyone else I could have a search.
Ian
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

CONWAY WILLIAM
129/AF 173
Service Returns
Death Cert.in Scotlandspeople

Edit- You might like to go through these .

http://ulsterwarmemorials.net/index.html

The Scotlandspeople's record is for a William Conway D28 June 1915 1/8th Batt.H/Sarg. The Scottish Rifles.Died Galipolli.
Last edited by sweet caroline on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MANBEAR
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by MANBEAR »

MANBEAR wrote:
5siamese7 wrote:Perhaps some of you guys will have this information. My great uncle William Conway's name is inscribed on the Stevenston war memorial and also I think on a headstone in Bangor County Down where his father is interred. He was killed in 1915 and according to my grannie blown to bits in the front line of trenches. Hence he would have no known grave. Where did he enlist and which regiment was he in. Thanks.
Bill there are 4 William Conway listed in Irish records first worldwar with there regiments
Hope you have success,also if you know the date of his fathers death and his wife's name and if there was a anyone else I could have a search.
Ian
Bill there is a William John Conway buried in Bangor cemetery newtownards road born about 1850 death 1919 April to June age 69
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

MANBEAR wrote:
MANBEAR wrote:
Ian
Bill there is a William John Conway buried in Bangor cemetery newtownards road born about 1850 death 1919 April to June age 69
That's Conlig ,and he has a son William James born 1879 Conlig. Mother is Agnes J McCracken.Father William is a publican.

SC