John Clarke

For those researching family in the three towns area.
Del 80
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

John Clarke

Post by Del 80 »

John Clarke was born at Ardrossan , early 1930's to Hugh Joseph Clarke and Julia Monaghan, he possibly moved to England, and married, does anyone know who to ?.......Del.
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: John Clarke

Post by sweet caroline »

Del 80
You would need to know at least what County he moved to

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
Del 80
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Del 80 »

Hello SC, that's the problem, I don't know, it is rumoured in the family that he went to Wolverhampton, but I don't know if that is correct, or not, also, with no date, and no wife's name it is proving very difficult to find anything out.......Del.
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

The A/S Herald (10/8/62) shows a John Clarke becoming engaged to a Pauline Green, Buckinghamshire. The edition of 10/2/64 then shows their subsequent marriage at Bletchley.

Then, in the edition of 30/6/68, the marriage of a John Brendan Clarke to a Christine Carol Armstrong, also of Buckinghamshire, is shown to have taken place at Aylesbury.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
Del 80
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Del 80 »

P.T, That's very interesting, thank-you, how did you find it? I have been looking for months.........Del.
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

I just look at the Ardrossan and Saltcoats Herald BDM database.

http://www.ayrshire-roots.co.uk/ash.php
Del 80
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Del 80 »

P.T. I use it all the time......dunno how I missed that, anyway, thanks, I'll have a look around and see if that is him, I have all of his siblings marriages, but could'nt find one for him......Del.
Last edited by Del 80 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Del,

I was aware from previous discussions that you were aware of the site so nearly hesitated to provide the data.

Please note too that I've provided notice of one engagement but two marriages (both in Buckinghamshire).
Del 80
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Del 80 »

P.T. not sure if this is the right John, or not, John Brendan Clarke was born in 1943, the John Clarke I'm looking for, his mother was deceased by 1940, so that rules him out, John Clarke's mother and father married in 1933, at Saltcoats.......Del.
Del 80
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Del 80 »

There is also a rumour in the family, that John Clarke had a son, who fell to his death from the roof of a house that he was demolishing, again, if this is true, with no date, or place, it is proving very difficult to find any details........Del.
jallb
New Poster
New Poster

Post by jallb »

My father is John Clarke, he did move to Wolverhampton and he did lose his son in a demolition accident at work, what is the purpose of your interest? Do you have any questions?
Jackie
Del 80
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Del 80 »

Jackie, Hello, We have been researching the Clarke family, for about 4 years now, John Clarke Snr. is my wife's father's brother, or half-brother.......we are trying to find out what happened to their grandfather, Samuel Clarke......he vanished in Ireland in the early 1900's......any information would be most welcome.......Regards Del.