John Clarke

For those researching family in the three towns area.
jallb
New Poster
New Poster

Re: John Clarke

Post by jallb »

Hi Dell, I lost my father in July 2012 so I only have my mother to ask but she has no idea, however my family may be able to help you, my fathers sister Helen Crozier (We lost In Sept 2012) has six daughters, my cousin Margaret runs a Guest House in Inverness called the bluebell house, you could try her? sorry I could not be of any more help.
Regards
Jackie
Del 80
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Del 80 »

Jackie, Thanks for the reply, we are in touch with several family members, but unfortunately no-one seems to know what happened to your great grandfather Samuel.....we know that he went to jail in 1899/1900 after an incident involving Susannah your great grandmother......after that nothing can be found on him......maybe one day we will find out what happened to him........Regards Del.
jallb
New Poster
New Poster

Post by jallb »

You have me intrigued now Del! I shall do some research if I can come up with anything I'll let you know, I only discovered this site because I was looking for information about my dad and came across your posting, I will look on this site intermittently to see if you manage to get any more information. It was nice to have been in touch with family of my dad even if it is distant/complicated !!
As my dad would say - Cheerio
Jackie
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Jackie, you should sign in to post. In the meantime I'll attribute that last post to your registered username - any problems you are welcome to contact me. Hughie
Del 80
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Del 80 »

O.k Jackie, it was nice to have spoken to you too......we are waiting for information from Canada, from the family of Susan McDowell Clarke (1921--2011)....she was the daughter of Samuel Allan Clarke (1897--1978) your grandfather Hugh Joseph Clarke's (1900--1972) brother....also another family member has people over in Ireland looking for the elusive Samuel (1865--??).....anything we find we will post on here....... Regards Del.
jallb
New Poster
New Poster

Post by jallb »

Hi again Dell, keep me posted if you ever found out and I will do the same.
Cheerio.

Jackie
Del 80
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Del 80 »

O.k Jackie. will do.......one last question, do you know where your grandmother Julia Monaghan was born ?..... all we know is that she was from an Irish family, and that her father was Patrick Monaghan and her mother was Margaret Lynch, also did she have a sister Rita Monaghan, someone by that name, and of the same address, was a witness at her marriage to Hugh Joseph Clarke......... sorry that's two questions......Regards Del.
jallb
New Poster
New Poster

Post by jallb »

Hi Dell, you know loads more than me !! I only know my dad's mom was Irish, I wish I would have asked him more about my grandparents but because of the circumstances I never did for fear of upsetting him. Now I cannot get the answers from my beloved dad, but I will try and see what I can find out.
Sorry not much help am I !!!
Cheerio Del

Jackie
ekizabeth gemmell

Post by ekizabeth gemmell »

my cousin is Brendan Clarke Full name john Brendan Clarke he has a sister Elita Clarke married name Hults he was in the RAF and was awarded the MBE he is married and is now in England he was brn in 1943