McBlain/McBlane Family

For those researching family in the three towns area.
gerry11

Re: McBlain/McBlane Family

Post by gerry11 »

Hi,

My father George Mcblain came from Ardrossan / Stevenston, He was the youngest son of David Mcblain / Hannah Mcblain (Nee McCulloch). His mum died 10th October 1934, I dont know when his dad died or where he is burried, His mum is burried in Ardrossan. My dad was 4 years old when his mum died. He had 15 brothers and sisters from what I'm told. David, Johnny, Joseph, James, William, Tommy, Sisters, Mary, Margaret, Elizabeth, Sarah, Katherine (Katy), are the only ones I can name, My dad George died on 6th Oct 2014, we burried him in Kelso, Roxburghshire where he lived on 13th October 2014. I also know my Dads Dad had 4 other brothers I know one was also called George, I dont know the names of the other 3.
geomacintyre
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by geomacintyre »

In my World War 1 Casualties list, I have a Samuel McBlane who was born in Kilwinning but was resident in Auchinleck when he enlisted in Cumnock. He was killed in action on Monday, April 23, 1917 and is listed as being the husband of Janet Faddes McBlane of 88 Damconner, Auchinleck. There is also a John McBlain on the Stevenston First World War memorial list but no further details are available.
What we do for ourselves alone dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. - Albert Pine
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Gerry,

Have you done a McBLAIN word search on this site yet? There are forty or so references.

They also feature amongst the intimations from 1860 onwards on the following link, membership of which is free -

http://www.ayrshire-roots.co.uk/ash.php
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
Del 80
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Del 80 »

The John McBlain that we have in our tree was the son of David McBlain and Hannah McCulloch, he married Sarah Donaldson Foster McDowell Clarke, trying to find out as much as possible about her, we THINK that she died about 1951/52......Del.

Post by Guest »

Hey guys.

The people talking on the McBlain/McBlane topic.
I think you are talking about my great grandmother. Hannah (nee ) McBlain/McCulloch.
I will have to check to be sure, but everything fits.

To the woman who's father was George McBlain. I think he may have been my grandmothers brother.
My nana is called Andrina (Dixie) also Winifred (ant Nan) I think they may be your fathers sisters.

I have a few cousins with the surname Donaldson aswell.

I have just discovered this thread at 4am by complete chance. So this will need to be verified. However it all seems to add up. I could probbaly answer a lot of questions in regards to the person trying to complete the family tree.

Hope you guys still check this ☺
Del 80
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Del 80 »

Anne, Do you have a John Clark McBlain in your tree ?.....born in 1939, think he was killed in a motor accident, at Clydebank, in 1958....his father was, I think, also John Clark McBlain (1910-1962) and was from the Ardrossan area.......Del.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

I'm sure there are a good few 'McBlaine's or 'McBlane's dotted around Stevenston.

Also remember a trio of McBlain/McBlane brothers who hailed from Ardrossan. George, Robert and Murray. They were all quite talented musically.
Here's Murray in humorous mode with wee Mary at the Royal Seabank Hotel in Blackpool a few years ago. And I think even he himself would admit that Mary completely steals the show here.

And Murray in a more recent and serious mood. I believe as well as performing in places like Blackpool and many other venues, he also provided excellent entertainment on various Cruise ships etc.

George owned 'The Caledonian (Caley) Bar' in Playa De Las Americas in Tenerife for a good few of years, but now has the 'The Ibrox Bar' there.
He sings and is also a dab hand on the keyboard.

Robert was very good on Drums and I'm sure all three used to perform together as kids.
Ivan mcblain
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Ivan mcblain »

Hi Gerry my name is Ivan mcblain my fathers name is David mcblain his mothers name is Margaret mcblain (Austin) your father was my dads uncle I'm sure that I met either your wife or sister at my nana Margaret's funeral in 2007
Ivan mcblain
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Ivan mcblain »

Guest wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:14 am Hey guys.

The people talking on the McBlain/McBlane topic.
I think you are talking about my great grandmother. Hannah (nee ) McBlain/McCulloch.
I will have to check to be sure, but everything fits.

To the woman who's father was George McBlain. I think he may have been my grandmothers brother.
My nana is called Andrina (Dixie) also Winifred (ant Nan) I think they may be your fathers sisters.

I have a few cousins with the surname Donaldson aswell.

I have just discovered this thread at 4am by complete chance. So this will need to be verified. However it all seems to add up. I could probbaly answer a lot of questions in regards to the person trying to complete the family tree.

Hope you guys still check this ☺
Hi there my name is Ivan mcblain and the people that you are speaking about are my great grandparents also
Ivan mcblain
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Ivan mcblain »

gerry11 wrote: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:51 am Hi,

My father George Mcblain came from Ardrossan / Stevenston, He was the youngest son of David Mcblain / Hannah Mcblain (Nee McCulloch). His mum died 10th October 1934, I dont know when his dad died or where he is burried, His mum is burried in Ardrossan. My dad was 4 years old when his mum died. He had 15 brothers and sisters from what I'm told. David, Johnny, Joseph, James, William, Tommy, Sisters, Mary, Margaret, Elizabeth, Sarah, Katherine (Katy), are the only ones I can name, My dad George died on 6th Oct 2014, we burried him in Kelso, Roxburghshire where he lived on 13th October 2014. I also know my Dads Dad had 4 other brothers I know one was also called George, I dont know the names of the other 3.
Hi Gerry your dad is my fathers uncle my fathers name is David mcblain sadly he passed away in 2008 I'm sure that I met either your wife or your sister at my nana Margaret funeral she was your dads sister