The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by Meg »

John Donnelly wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:18 pm Safe home. JD.
Back safe.... xx
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

michaelm wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:06 pm
bonzo wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:30 pm Do you ever get one of those days where nothing goes right? Went into work this morning the back of 7 expecting to be loused for around 11.30.
Needless to say I was still there at half 3. If it could go wrong it did go wrong. Oh the air was blue a right sweary day :lol:
I had just such a day only last week bonzo. Absolutely everything seemed to go wrang.

The alarm rang, then the phone rang, then my ears rang and then the doorbell rang as well.

I'll get my coat. :lol:
Boom tish :lol:
Those wimin were in the nip.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

tapnagol wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:54 am Ssiamese7 . I don't understand your thinking . Sure she would be tired but I'm certain, given this level of dedication she would not have operated if she had been in the least dubious regarding her competency .You talk about the serious nature of the procedure . Every operation is serious and if you saw the piece broadcast you would have seen the delight and appreciation of the patient. The point of the article was about GOING THE EXTRA MILE , and not giving up at the first sign of adversity which we all often do.
If a surgeon came to me and said "I've just walked 8 miles through the snow to get here." I think I would be very worried. Do you think she would be allowed to operate on someone important say the Queen?
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

I imagine a lot of us are having thoughts about our gardens at this time of year and putting aside vegetable growing beauty is our quest. Flowers mean so much to us and in this vein I write a quotation that is so lovely, "If I had a flower for every time I thought of you I could walk through my garden forever."
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

5siamese7 wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:51 pm If a surgeon came to me and said "I've just walked 8 miles through the snow to get here." I think I would be very worried. Do you think she would be allowed to operate on someone important say the Queen?
Personally I think most folk would have been in awe of the surgeons dedication Billy.

As for her majesty, to most folk her life is no more important than theirs. Mind you, I'm sure there's a queue of silver spooned descendant's of her's lining up to make the most of things when the old dear eventually croaks it.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

5siamese7 wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:05 pm I imagine a lot of us are having thoughts about our gardens at this time of year and putting aside vegetable growing beauty is our quest. Flowers mean so much to us and in this vein I write a quotation that is so lovely, "If I had a flower for every time I thought of you I could walk through my garden forever."
Smashing colourful flowers outside Wrights Hardware if interested. Primula in all different colours.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Shows how much I know about flowers, I thought primula was spreading cheese :D
Those wimin were in the nip.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

I think you might find some growing along the Stevenston burn.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

5siamese7 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:14 pm I think you might find some growing along the Stevenston burn.
Not as glam as Wright's, I bet.
tapnagol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tapnagol »

Vivc113 writes that lots of us are thinking of our gardens at this time. I heartily agree. I am constantly thinking of any excuse under the sun, What sun , ? I hear you ask, anyway you know what I mean, to postpone as long as humanly possible going near mine. So there!.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Er... Was it not Bill that wrote it ??

Friday looks to be OK before the next cold snap, so hope to make it out into nature.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Heading over to Melbourne on the Ferry to our grandkid's primary school fete on Saturday morning. Astounds us each year the work the families of the students put in. It's not a private school but you'd not believe the amount of money they raise with their fete. Local businesses contribute so much - proud that our Jamie contributes with auctioned golf lessons each year and gets involved.