The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by Vivc113 »

Still cannot acquire a taste for this whiskey. Heated it up, put sugar in it, but nope.

Tomorrow getting more mulled wine from TESCO.

Dunno if you have tried this Bill, but in cold weather this mulled wine is magnificent.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Thing is Viv you have a sweet tooth and I don't think mulled wine would suit me. Regarding whisky some are horrible too smokey for me. I drink my whisky half and half with water which I prefer but you don't get that warming effect that you get if you drink it straight. Don't heat up the whisky you will drive the alcohol off with some of the flavour. Put the whisky in a cup with sugar and add hot water. (not boiling)
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

This cold weather is keeping me in the house and do you know without putting too fine a point on it I'm wondering how we managed in the old days with a wee coal fire to come home to. Roll on the summer though going on the last few years expectations are not great.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

5siamese7 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:38 pm This cold weather is keeping me in the house and do you know without putting too fine a point on it I'm wondering how we managed in the old days with a wee coal fire to come home to. Roll on the summer though going on the last few years expectations are not great.
It was going out to the coal bunker with a bucket that was the killer! Mind in those days, lassies wi' 'granny tartan' legs due to the cold and wearing skirts, trousers on girls not allowed then...I'm talking '60's. But I miss 4 seasons, it's supposed to get a bit cooler and a chance of rain, woohoo! Hope so, my daughter would appreciate the break from having to water the garden :)
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Aye Morag corn beef legs caused by sitting too close to the fire. Really miss the great toast made on a coal fire just before bed. I remember the hot water bottles that were great when you got into bed and had to be kicked out three hours later cause they were freezing. Gosh wearing long johns to keep warm and the baldies wearing a nightcap and folk peeing into a chanti. Sweet dreams are made of these. Actually there was a lot of goodness in folk in those days.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

5siamese7 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:04 pm Aye Morag corn beef legs caused by sitting too close to the fire. Really miss the great toast made on a coal fire just before bed. I remember the hot water bottles that were great when you got into bed and had to be kicked out three hours later cause they were freezing. Gosh wearing long johns to keep warm and the baldies wearing a nightcap and folk peeing into a chanti. Sweet dreams are made of these. Actually there was a lot of goodness in folk in those days.
I hated the hot water bottle dilemma! No long john's, it was nighties for us lassies, just extra blankies! yes, folks then ...and now I hope, still have a lot of good.
C.S.Lewis
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

5siamese7 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:04 pm Gosh wearing long johns to keep warm and the baldies wearing a nightcap and folk peeing into a chanti.
Hahaha that reminds me of staying at my grannys, she had a kamode(spelling) and her asking the dreaded question "could you empty my kamode"especially when there was something extra in it if you know what I mean.
It definitely gave my an understanding of how liquids moved when being carried . //funny
Those wimin were in the nip.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Found a toaster today which can defrost bread instantly. Never knew there was such a thing. ASDA.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Vivc113 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:24 pm Found a toaster today which can defrost bread instantly. Never knew there was such a thing. ASDA.
Why freeze bread?
C.S.Lewis
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

morag wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:55 pm
Vivc113 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:24 pm Found a toaster today which can defrost bread instantly. Never knew there was such a thing. ASDA.
Why freeze bread?
I know some people on the brew who used to freeze bread. Some Intellects also as stuffing it with the Daily Bread brings doon the running costs of the freezer ....
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

Why freeze bread?
We freeze bread all the time. As we eat small danish loafs, we buy 3/4 loaves when doing our weekly shop. Freezing a couple of them saves the bread (for obvious reasons) from going off.
And I'm not on the brew (drink?) or broo (unemployed) :wink:
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

creamolafoam wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Why freeze bread?
We freeze bread all the time. As we eat small danish loafs, we buy 3/4 loaves when doing our weekly shop. Freezing a couple of them saves the bread (for obvious reasons) from going off.
And I'm not on the brew (drink?) or broo (unemployed) :wink:
Well here I am in sunny California, refrigerate? yes., freeze, no unless it's a cakey bread that we can't demolish in days!
C.S.Lewis