The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by glenshena »

Did somebody see a ghost yesterday?
Alexmac442
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Alexmac442 »

wee bit nostalgic tonight, maybe the Lagavulin!!! Just listening to an Aussie/Scottish song, Eriskay love lilt sung by the lovely Judith Durham and the Seekers. Bring a tear tae a gless ee'
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

michaelm wrote:
bonzo wrote:
glenshena wrote:Does anyone know what is the name of the Yellow bushes that are in flower now up and down the Ayrshire coast. If I remember correctly it was morse or corse.
Oh so close glenshena, it's gorse hahaha great smell tae them :good:
Also commonly known - in Ayrshire at least - as 'Whin Bushes'.
Aye and another shrub that deserves mention which belongs to the same family is the broom. Its stalks are taller but in bloom just as lovely as the gorse with similar yellow flowers. I suspect that's why Broom farm got its name as it is very common down there. And can I say a lovely song is dedicated to it. "Aye the broom the bonnie bonnie broom." Scotland have my bones.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Alexmac442 wrote:wee bit nostalgic tonight, maybe the Lagavulin!!! Just listening to an Aussie/Scottish song, Eriskay love lilt sung by the lovely Judith Durham and the Seekers. Bring a tear tae a gless ee'
Homesickness is a horrible thing Alex - even in small doses. Here's to you (toasting in brandy and soda - but better than nothing)

Mx
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Aye well , come back and see the state of the place and that will cure you.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

glenshena wrote:Did somebody see a ghost yesterday?
Pray tell us what you're on about there, as I'm sure it'll make for interesting reading.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

glenshena wrote:Wonder who they were Viv?
No idea. There is a story behind the extension. Can't quite remember what is is though.

They must have thought a lot of the current family who own the Hydro.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

John Donnelly wrote:
Disagree here, I'm afraid.
When a new member joins up, they think up a user name as happens in most forums.
Here, very soon you realise that there are real people in here. In the course of time, we have had pub quizzes and plates of soup in Grant's, played golf together, had wonderful nature walks together and many other things.
This is the special intimacy of the TTT's. We know each other in the flesh and often have done since we sat beside each other in school desks. We're not just a bunch of anonymous names that flash up on a screen.
Long may it last.

JD.
Aye but!

I think the prerogative has to rest with the individual to introduce their Christian name, surname or both. You're the perfect example of someone who shows both his names in his user title; others despite having a nom de plume sign off with their Christian name. In either case, I don't thereafter see any problem referring to them by name when posting. Some of us however, for very sound reasons, despite being well-known personally within the "3T Family" through attending the events you mention, still prefer to be referred to (other than in private messages) by our nom de plume or a corruption of it, viz:- Penny Tray or PT. I rest my case :wink: !
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

When posting about a birthday or an intimation ,I like to use my Christian name.

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

5siamese7 wrote:Aye well , come back and see the state of the place and that will cure you.
//funny This post just made me spit out my pineapple n coconut drink (!!)

Needed a laugh as I have just spent nearly 3 hours filling in forms (same as last weekend). Not funny when Mr Sun is calling you outside. :-x
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Listening to the radio in the car two days ago it was announced that a couple had actually 'filmed' a ghost. They have been hunting ghosts fir 18 years, and finally saw one. Dont know whether to believe them or not. My mothers uncle, a very serious , no nonsense man, while in India or China many moons ago, swore by his life that he saw a ghost standing at the foot of his bed. I'm scepticle.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

We have discussed this before and yet its worth stating what I wrote before that ghosts were in my house and the woman two doors down had them too. The house I now live in was built in 1895 and there are no ghosts. So I don't know, it seems that children attract them. Maybe that's why there's none here.