The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by creamolafoam »

brian f wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:18 pm Does nobody like boxing :think:
The obvious answer is yes. millions do. The Fury/Wilder rematch was watched by over two million on ppv @ over £60 a pop in the USA alone. Not counting the millions around the world ( it was £25 in the UK) watching it.
Tyson Fury & Deontay Wilder were on a reputed £30 mill each. Big business indeed. Personally I have always liked my boxing, & to be honest, I don’t think the current heavyweight division would have lived with likes of Ali, Frazier & Foreman, in my opinion anyway
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Thought so ... The current membership in the Threetowners is 2283.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

I might consider it a sport again if they stopped the face-offs, which are getting more and more agressive, - re the pushing and shoving this tme around. Add to this, the one contender arriving on a throne with a crown on his head and the other in some kind of get-up with a huge mask.
Apart from me being agin martial arts in general, (with a few exceptions - eg judo), I cannot bring myself to have any respect for this type of show business.

You're being conned out of your hard-earned money by this circus. Sport !!! Don't make me laugh.

JD.

PS; To top it all off, the loser had to be taken to hospital. And you still think this is something to be respected.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Boxing champ Tyson Fury could be honoured with homecoming parade in Manchester and a civic reception after beating Deontay Wilder.
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

John Donnelly wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:40 am
John Donnelly wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:42 am
brian f wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:36 pm Watch out for Dennis the Menace :evil:
I've been meaning to ask. How did you get on in Ayrshire? I saw a lot of football cancelled at the weekend.
JD.
I take it that the lack of replies to this, means that Ayrshire escaped any real trouble.
JD.
JD,

I thought you might have responded to my response :lol: - and acknowledge some fine seamanship as the Threetowns were battered with the wind!
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Penny Tray wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:31 pm
I thought you might have responded to my response :lol: - and acknowledge some fine seamanship as the Threetowns were battered with the wind!
Hi PT,
Aye, that was some seamanship. Wonder what we'd all be saying if it had all gone wrong. Safety-first is the watch-word at all times.
But to come back to my question; I still have no idea whether storm Dennis caused any trouble in the Three Toons.
Brian had his fence blown down, but the place could have been blown away apart from that.
JD.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

John Donnelly wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:03 am
I might consider it a sport again if they stopped the face-offs, which are getting more and more agressive, - re the pushing and shoving this tme around. Add to this, the one contender arriving on a throne with a crown on his head and the other in some kind of get-up with a huge mask.
Apart from me being agin martial arts in general, (with a few exceptions - eg judo), I cannot bring myself to have any respect for this type of show business.

You're being conned out of your hard-earned money by this circus. Sport !!! Don't make me laugh.

JD.

PS; To top it all off, the loser had to be taken to hospital. And you still think this is something to be respected.
As I said, millions love the sport, & it is indeed a sport. Has been around for hundreds of years too.
And did you know that mixed martial arts, gymnastics & rugby are in the top five of the most dangerous sports in the world?
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

John Donnelly wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:43 pm
Penny Tray wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:31 pm
Hi PT,
Aye, that was some seamanship. Wonder what we'd all be saying if it had all gone wrong. Safety-first is the watch-word at all times.
But to come back to my question; I still have no idea whether storm Dennis caused any trouble in the Three Toons.
Brian had his fence blown down, but the place could have been blown away apart from that.
JD.
It was bonzo who had his fence blown down John. Mrs b had to stop his pocket money to pay for it //funny

Todays, LOOKING Back herald files suggest a much fiercer storm than the named Dennis .
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

[/quote]

It was bonzo who had his fence blown down John. [b]Mrs b had to stop his pocket money to pay for it //funny[/b]

Todays, LOOKING Back herald files suggest a much fiercer storm than the named Dennis .
[/quote]
And the pub trade has suffered for it //funny
Those wimin were in the nip.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Still don't know if there was any damage in the Three Toons as a result of storm Dennis.
JD.
:cry: :cry: :cry:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

John Donnelly wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:42 pm Still don't know if there was any damage in the Three Toons as a result of storm Dennis.
JD.
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Don't think so JD, I was over on Saturday and everything seems to be in order.
Those wimin were in the nip.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Cheers, Bonzo.
I can die happy now that somebody has finally answered my question.
A very happy JD. - also because there was no damage. :D