The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by 5siamese7 »

The food is usually of a high standard but I remember and it would be about a year ago I had attended the doctors for a fasting blood test after which i decided to go into Saltcoats and do some shopping. I went into the Kandy bar for breakfast and had bacon and eggs and do you the fried egg was dished up with the yolk broken. Now the golden rule is if you are going to continue to eat in any establishment don't complain. Its not unknown for folk to spit in the food before its returned. If your not happy don't touch it and don't pay for anything and just leave.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

5siamese7 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:36 pm I 'm thinking your better not to praise a place. I had coffee in Costa with my cousin to-day and although the coffee was lovely there was a kindergarten set up behind us where these children thumped down wooden bricks on to a table. Also the music was too loud and its a shame. I think most of us like to have a conversation in a coffee house. Maybe they will realise this set up isn't to everyone's taste and change things.
You would have been better of going to the pub Bill - Most now sell decent coffee not like Costa who rip the customers off and pay no taxes to the government purse. Don't forget we all enjoyed our younger days.

Edit - I do apologise got mixed up with Cafe Nero. No doubt though Costa would have tried it...
Need to get a grip with these companies........
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Thing is Brian its nice to get away from the f word that you hear in most pubs these days. Costas coffee is very good. I received the usual surprised look when I ordered it black with no sugar and without a cake or biscuit.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

There is a lot of coffee in Costas and its really great and I think I'm becoming addicted. Called in there this morning and was given a nice welcome. Very quiet and a stress free environment because there were no children there, unfortunately the toy table is still there. There may be trouble ahead, not from me I might add.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Reading some of the Recollections thread i think it was Sam who mentioned gas mantles .This is a new one for me.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

brian f wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:45 pm Reading some of the Recollections thread i think it was Sam who mentioned gas mantles .This is a new one for me.
Brian, I think a gas mantle is an old form of lighting.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

5siamese7 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:58 am There is a lot of coffee in Costas and its really great and I think I'm becoming addicted. Called in there this morning and was given a nice welcome. Very quiet and a stress free environment because there were no children there, unfortunately the toy table is still there. There may be trouble ahead, not from me I might add.
Good news for you. Costa coffee now being sold at Saltcoats library. Wee pods for one pound. You sort it yourself in their Tassimo machine and there are lovely purple seats nearby. Nice n quiet.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

They have a coffee machine in the Ardrossan library and the staff are really nice. Saltcoats library nice and quite that sounds inviting. Stevenston has a new librarian and she is very obliging. Haven't been there for a while so don't know if they now have a coffee machine.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Stevenston library used to make the coffee for you with a plate o biccies. I do not know if it is still the same.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Aye, I thought that was only if you were part of a group.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:51 am
brian f wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:45 pm Reading some of the Recollections thread i think it was Sam who mentioned gas mantles .This is a new one for me.
Brian, I think a gas mantle is an old form of lighting.
Correct bonzo, Without been repetitive another school learning day- jeezo,What you learn on here ..
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

5siamese7 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:27 pm Aye, I thought that was only if you were part of a group.
No. I used to get stuff on my own. Mmm.