The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by Hughie »

We freeze our bread, Morag. We love grain bread but take a while to go through even one loaf. My toaster has defrost too, and something else I love, it has a pop-up thingie to put a plate on to warm it while it toasts - hate cauld toast.
:puter
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

morag wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:06 am
creamolafoam wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:20 pm
morag wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:55 pm

Why freeze bread?
We freeze bread all the time. As we eat small danish loafs, we buy 3/4 loaves when doing our weekly shop. Freezing a couple of them saves the bread (for obvious reasons) from going off.
And I'm not on the brew (drink?) or broo (unemployed) :wink:
Well here I am in sunny California, refrigerate? yes., freeze, no unless it's a cakey bread that we can't demolish in days!
To be fair you could sit the bread outside to freeze as it’s that cold just now
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Hughie wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:22 am We freeze our bread, Morag. We love grain bread but take a while to go through even one loaf. My toaster has defrost too, and something else I love, it has a pop-up thingie to put a plate on to warm it while it toasts - hate cauld toast.
:puter
Don't have that prob here! When my kids were young and we visited home, my mum was shocked at how much bread they ate! Referred to them as 'the American bread eaters! :lol: Even now though only my daughter is still at home, one son comes by daily, we go through a bit....daughter works in a bakery 8) Da ng it, had soup for dinner and wanted dippers...nah, nowt :evil:
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Well its kind of good housekeeping by trying to save money. Don't always do this but buying a big loaf is economical and split it and freeze the other half. I'm talking about wholemeal bread here and when you take it out of :hi: the freezer its easy to separate the slices. Pop it in the micro web for 10 seconds and then into the toaster and nice toast.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

My new toaster has a "defrost" button, Bill. Press this and.....woo hoo...toast !!!!
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

I 'm thinking your better not to praise a place. I had coffee in Costa with my cousin to-day and although the coffee was lovely there was a kindergarten set up behind us where these children thumped down wooden bricks on to a table. Also the music was too loud and its a shame. I think most of us like to have a conversation in a coffee house. Maybe they will realise this set up isn't to everyone's taste and change things.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

5siamese7 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:36 pm I 'm thinking your better not to praise a place. I had coffee in Costa with my cousin to-day and although the coffee was lovely there was a kindergarten set up behind us where these children thumped down wooden bricks on to a table. Also the music was too loud and its a shame. I think most of us like to have a conversation in a coffee house. Maybe they will realise this set up isn't to everyone's taste and change things.
Totally agree. Some parents just don't teach their children manners, and schools are handcuffed and can't correct them. It's one thing if it's a popular spot for kids, e.g. Chucky cheese, McDonalds etc. but a quiet restaurant or cafe? keep your kids under control! But who was there first, the Costa or the kindergarten?
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

5siamese7 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:36 pm I 'm thinking your better not to praise a place. I had coffee in Costa with my cousin to-day and although the coffee was lovely there was a kindergarten set up behind us where these children thumped down wooden bricks on to a table. Also the music was too loud and its a shame. I think most of us like to have a conversation in a coffee house. Maybe they will realise this set up isn't to everyone's taste and change things.
Think this may be a one off. I think bookbug for kids from the library were there if this was around 11?!
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Apologies Morag its not in a garden its a table full of noisy toys for children to play with in the main coffee area and if this continues I can see murder taking place. Its ridiculous and folk will vote with their feet. It started off so well because it was nice and didn't sell booze and the f word was lost. Hope things improve.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

3pm Viv and my cousin was blowing a gasket. I'm glad she listened to me and didn't complain but we felt let down. Gosh without this carryon its a nice setup.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

I remember once being seated next to a family which consisted of the parents a baby and a toddler. It was a long haul flight and I expected the worse. I said to the stewardess a double gin and tonic please and she didn't argue with me and yes the change in pressure did cause the kids some problems but they were great. Thought it was going to be a nightmare and it was fine.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

5siamese7 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:38 pm 3pm Viv and my cousin was blowing a gasket. I'm glad she listened to me and didn't complain but we felt let down. Gosh without this carryon its a nice setup.
Hmm. I was in the Kandy Bar today. Nice n quiet. Almost empty in fact.