The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by Sarah »

The thing about the house work Meg you keep putting it off because you always have the next free
coming up etc etc , been caught many a time being disorganised guess what its not painful, enjoy...
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

I imagine most folk here will have turkey for Christmas dinner. The supermarkets have many types on sale with the fresh ones having a use by date the 26th of December. This will be ok if you have a large family. Personally when I buy poultry I do not buy it if its near its use by date. I always open my birds and clean out res :santa02: idual guts and I can tell you the ones near their use by date can stink, hence the reason I do not buy them.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Pizza n mulled wine here !!!!
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Probably fish here, my daughter doesn't eat meat, I find turkey very bland, prefer chicken, but have a couple of nice wee steaks in the freezer :santa01: but it'll probably be salmon steaks...depending on who shows up!
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Tell you the truth because I eat well all year its hard to choose Christmas dinner. When all the family were here it was easy it would be a turkey and most have been delicious. I remember one Christmas in my youth when my dad brought home a 32 pound turkey and it just fitted the oven and no more. We thoroughly enjoyed it. I have been thinking of a goose this year and because of their fat content I don't think it will be too much. Decisions come hard to some of us.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Pizza n cheesecake Bill !!! The way forward.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Yes Viv the way forward to the rennies. My guts couldn't cope with that stuff.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

5siamese7 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:45 pm I imagine most folk here will have turkey for Christmas dinner. The supermarkets have many types on sale with the fresh ones having a use by date the 26th of December. This will be ok if you have a large family. Personally when I buy poultry I do not buy it if its near its use by date. I always open my birds and clean out res :santa02: idual guts and I can tell you the ones near their use by date can stink, hence the reason I do not buy them.
Maybe I've misunderstood you there Bill. :)
Fresh turkey or chicken bought 'early' at this time of year carry exactly the same potential food poisoning risk's as those purchased nearer to their 'use by' date.

Also, cleaning out the cavity under a running tap at home for instance isn't really advisable because it increases the risk of 'cross contamination'
If you do decide to stuff your turkey or chicken before cooking, you can work around the risks posed from that by using a temperature probe to make sure the temp. in the centre of the stuffing get's hot enough to kill off any harmful bacteria.
Cooking stuffing separately is far safer though and is the preferred method for most folk nowaday's.

Just some food for thought. :santa03:
MANBEAR
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by MANBEAR »

How successful I’ve been in searching for my grans place of birth after everyone in the family thought it was Belfast it turned out to be where she lived most of her life Saltcoats,she had been sent to Belfast to a relative when her mum died to be looked after found the street house and the relatives info also able to find her gran and great grans births but the biggest surprise was when I went to look for my dads family as my gran brought me up when mum died to find I had a half brother and 2 half sisters living in east Ayrshire who I keep in touch with.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Thinking about dear Viv and how she's coping on her first Christmas without mum and dad.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Just watched elf the musical on C5 actually quite enjoyable (SAAANTAAA) hahaha, noo a bit o Morecombe and wise tae complete Christmas night. Chin chin :puter
Those wimin were in the nip.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

glenshena wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:01 am Thinking about dear Viv and how she's coping on her first Christmas without mum and dad.
Aw. That is lovely. I have moved the festive dates. Xmas is now 27th December and will be spent in the country.

I managed to get to Kilmarnock on 24th December. Unfortunately missed the kids' nativity service at the Leigh Kirk (always a friendly bunch of people there), but the rest of the day was good. Swimming, etc.

New Year is moved to Jan 3rd 2018.

It was more difficult than I expected.