Worlds Most Livable City

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
calleytwo
leading Poster
leading Poster

Re: Worlds Most Livable City

Post by calleytwo »

[quote="Hughie"]Just heard on the news that Vancouver has been awarded the most livable city again. And again it's followed by Melbourne which I can see across the bay. I can't see how Vancouver can beat Melbourne - I mean we don't have to put up with all that cauld white stuff in Melbourne :roll:
Last edited by calleytwo on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
calleytwo
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by calleytwo »

Hughie wrote:Melbourne held onto its title of world’s most livable city in this year’s Economist Intelligence Unit survey, beating runners-up Vienna and Vancouver, as well as fellow Australian cities Sydney, Adelaide and Perth.

Wall Street Journal report
Get yer order right Hughie - Adelaide beat Sydney and Perth this year! And I still prefer Adelaide tae live in - nae miles of dreary run doon suburbs. But I love having a short holiday in Melbourne. Wee Ali
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Looks like we've done it again. :)
Melbourne has been named the world's most liveable city for the fourth year in a row, by the Economist Intelligence Unit's liveability survey of 140 cities.
Read the News report and view the survey
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Well done Melbourne, Hughie, wee Ali, has not been on here for ages ,hope he is alright
calleytwo
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by calleytwo »

brian f wrote:Well done Melbourne, Hughie, wee Ali, has not been on here for ages ,hope he is alright
Don't know that I have ever been alright but still here anyway with no major changes. Just been liberated by the 18 year old daughter getting her driving licence. After 13 years of kidding on I am retired I can finally plan my day! No more wondering what time she will get me to drive her to school nor when to pick her up. She says with her wee Festiva she has freedom - but it's me that is free! BTW congratulations to Melbourne Hughie. Adelaide is up there too - a more relaxed place than Melbourne but I enjoy short holidays over there. Wee Ali
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

I could live happily in Adelaide. Enjoy our trips over there to visit relatives.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

calleytwo wrote:
brian f wrote:Well done Melbourne, Hughie, wee Ali, has not been on here for ages ,hope he is alright
Don't know that I have ever been alright but still here anyway with no major changes. Just been liberated by the 18 year old daughter getting her driving licence. After 13 years of kidding on I am retired I can finally plan my day! No more wondering what time she will get me to drive her to school nor when to pick her up. She says with her wee Festiva she has freedom - but it's me that is free! BTW congratulations to Melbourne Hughie. Adelaide is up there too - a more relaxed place than Melbourne but I enjoy short holidays over there. Wee Ali
Nice to hear from you again Ali, Seems you and Bonnie are both winners, free to do what you want .
My daughter is off to the SMOKE for 3 years to further her education, so she is free from her nagging parents.
I have been looking at images of Adelaide on the internet it looks a lovely place with nice beaches.
What i cant understand is why is Canberra the capital of Australia with such a small population if you asked members of the UK public i should imagine they would have thought it was Sydney
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Most ideal is surely a matter of taste? I don't like too hot and I do like rain and the cauld white stuff. Yeah, why am I here..oh, wait, kids, animals, responsibilities..ideally I'd be in Arran.just a hop, skip and jump away from my loved 3 toons.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

morag wrote:.ideally I'd be in Arran.just a hop, skip and jump away from my loved 3 toons.
You'd be one of the few residents who are Scots Morag. My friend who is from Arran said they had been invaded by stealth and the greater majority are from down south.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Always thought we were spoiled in Melbourne. Loved it ever since the day we arrived and were made welcome back in 1964. Seventh year in a row it's been named the world's most livable city.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-16/m ... ar/8812196