Dye

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Dye

Post by brian f »

I accidentally spilled some bleach on my trousers when changing the mop bucket water. I put them in the washing machine but no good ruined. Does anybody remember about 50 years ago when you could buy wee tins of dye to change the colour of clothes or make tops psychedelic. It seemed to be popular back then for the younger crowd.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Dye

Post by Meg »

Brian I’ve splashed so many things with bleach - and found that if whatever you damaged is a standard colour, a Sharpie pen works really well - just colour in the patch discoloured by the bleach. Sharpies are permanent and won’t wash out.

Good luck
Meg
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by hahaya2004 »

I think this is what you mean, Brian:
https://www.dylon.co.uk/en/home/product ... e-dye.html
I sometimes use a similar product. However stains and bleach marks are not always covered.
Meg's suggestion is probably much better than using a dye.
Irene
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Thanks Meg and hahaya2004-It was an old pair of trousers for running about in so no big loss :) I think dylon was the name of the dye used a wee circle tin with the colour displayed on top. Remember some disasters regarding this method.. :lol: