Coronavirus pandemic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by bonzo »

Seems like folk are getting the message, walking home from work Irvine is absolutely empty.
Those wimin were in the nip.
huey1
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by huey1 »

Hi
Some of the grocery and pharmacies here in British Columbia are now opening early with the first hour available for seniors only ,all shelves will be sanitized and restock where possible ,
huey1
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

meekan wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:21 pm It's all doom and gloom at the moment, but what a party there will be all around the world when we finally we get through this and I'm sure that we will get though it.
Street parties are already been talked about in June - and I’ll be there!!!!!
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Meg wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:52 pm
meekan wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:21 pm It's all doom and gloom at the moment, but what a party there will be all around the world when we finally we get through this and I'm sure that we will get though it.
Street parties are already been talked about in June - and I’ll be there!!!!!
I just hope you are right Meg . For us lot who have been living in misery for months, we lose the spring but have a Summer 8)
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

For all those that are now stuck with the weans off school😂

Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

glenshena wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:17 pm I don't understand when people are diagnosed as being positive to the virus, but they have no symptoms. How can you be positive and have no symptoms. Don't understand this.
Well Jean, that’s us on lockdown, although not yet enforced by the police - but will happen soon I think. Hope they also enforce limited buying of basic foods - it would be great if they only allowed baskets and locked up trolleys. Hands could be stamped with date - lasting 24 hours like nightclub stamps. Our bin men are reporting food bins are full of raw foods, some still in original wrappers - at the level of post Christmas. This madness needs to calm down...

How are you?

Meg
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Hi Meg. We are all fine. Just running out of ideas for keeping the children occupied. No-one is allowed out on the streets, or you get a 3000 euro fine right away and if by car, your car is sequestered. So nobody goes out. We now have the army controlling our towns. Begining to run out of supplies, our cupboards are starting to look quite bare.
My SIL does the necessary shopping when he comes home from work, and says there are always long queues at the supermarkets. But it's not like shopping yourself.
I thank the Lord I have my family around me and am not self isolated like so many elderly people. And luckily I got to Saltcoats and back in time.
We are all hoping that this will end soon, hopefully early April, but the government are not giving anything away. Trump seems to think the US can re-open again for Easter but that's wishful thinking. Seemingly there are much fewer cases being reported here in Lombardy so the lock down is working, but the death toll is still very high. Seeing the Army lorries taking away hundreds of coffins was a nightmare scene I shall never forget. The Retirement homes for the elderly are particularly vulnerable, and loved ones are not allowed in to visit. We now have one in Lazio with 72 infected, including staff, which is causing great anxiety.
Are there any cases in Saltcoats? I read of a golfer in West Kilbride so it's getting closer.
God bless us all.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

We are going to give blood in Troon today - seemingly it IS an essential journey and they are low in group O both +ive and -ive (both in that group). The blood donor group is in Ayr next week but we were worried it might be cancelled so we are off for a cup of juice and a Carmel wafer :D
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Meg wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:55 pm We are going to give blood in Troon today - seemingly it IS an essential journey and they are low in group O both +ive and -ive (both in that group). The blood donor group is in Ayr next week but we were worried it might be cancelled so we are off for a cup of juice and a Carmel wafer :D
Well done to yourself and George :) We never know when we require...

A couple of thoughts on the Virus.

Donald Trump is expecting the church to be full-on Easter Sunday ?
Why are commuters on the London underground packed like sardines ?

To finish on a positive note- When you visit the supermarket or wee shop- thank the assistant who probably is forced to work- risking life on about £9 per hour. Stay safe.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Feel bad now Brian - the queue was round the whole building and right down onto the shore and it was bucketing, so we decided to wait til next Sunday when they move to Ayr. Snowflakes :oops:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

It's the thought that counts Meg :D

And am a bigger Snowflake than you- as frightened of Needles :oops:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

That was gid, much of my street out clapping the NHS, cheering, car horns even a couple of fireworks. Hope it was the same where you are. To all NHS staff you are amazing :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Those wimin were in the nip.