OCD

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

OCD

Post by brian f »

I still worry about my bins, especially on public holidays. Now i have developed a new pastime its called "i must wash the dishes". Is this normal?
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Re: OCD

Post by Meg »

brian f wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:25 pm I still worry about my bins, especially on public holidays. Now i have developed a new pastime its called "i must wash the dishes". Is this normal?
In South Ayrshire we have 5 wheelie bins and a food bin and a colour coded chart detailing their collection days - so bins are a bit of an obsession here too Brian. Not so bad with dishes though :wink:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

What 5 big wheelie bins Meg :shock: 3 is enough to cope with for me. Black= general, Blue =recycle, Green = garden waste, food . Let's talk rubbish :lol:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Since I was young when I cross the road I always aim to go between the broken white lines....obsession or habit?
Those wimin were in the nip.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

brian f wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:42 pm What 5 big wheelie bins Meg :shock: 3 is enough to cope with for me. Black= general, Blue =recycle, Green = garden waste, food . Let's talk rubbish :lol:
Brown for garden waste, purple for glass, grey for paper and card, blue for plastic and metal, food bin and green for everything else. I’m serious about a colour chart showing the collection schedule - it’s getting ridiculous!
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by hahaya2004 »

It's very similar here. We have large containers around the town for glass (one for clear glass, one for green and one for brown), two for clothes (charities or shredding), & one for shoes. At home we have brown for everything you can put on the compost heap, blue for paper, yellow for packaging (tins, plastic &c.) and grey for whatever's left except chemicals, batteries, electrics &c. Those you have to take to a collection point once a month.
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

hahaya2004 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:16 am It's very similar here. We have large containers around the town for glass (one for clear glass, one for green and one for brown), two for clothes (charities or shredding), & one for shoes. At home we have brown for everything you can put on the compost heap, blue for paper, yellow for packaging (tins, plastic &c.) and grey for whatever's left except chemicals, batteries, electrics &c. Those you have to take to a collection point once a month.
Cambridge has many recycling points, unfortunately, these are abused and are a constant eyesore to those living close to them.

The daffodils will be out soon and the annual obsessed person will be happily chopping the heads off.