At school till dawn

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

At school till dawn

Post by brian f »

A long time ago when my daughter attended a primary school in Cambridge her school teacher Miss Knox – who hailed from Australia rewarded her pupils for good behavior with a "midnight feast". The children were excited about this and of course, the parents had anxiety. Is this common in Australia and known to the schools in Scotland...

The children enjoyed- Midnight feast which consisted of playing games outside on a summer night- hot food then camping in the gym.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: At school till dawn

Post by bonzo »

Brilliant Brian, at glencairn we had Miss kellock she smelt of fags and loved hitting you with the belt :lol:
Those wimin were in the nip.
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

brian f wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:23 pm A long time ago when my daughter attended a primary school in Cambridge her school teacher Miss Knox – who hailed from Australia rewarded her pupils for good behavior with a "midnight feast". The children were excited about this and of course, the parents had anxiety. Is this common in Australia and known to the schools in Scotland...

The children enjoyed- Midnight feast which consisted of playing games outside on a summer night- hot food then camping in the gym.
Two kids and 5 grandkids all educated in Australia and never have I heard of a teacher doing this. This covers 4 primary schools,3 in Victoria and 1 in NSW.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:03 pm Brilliant Brian, at glencairn we had Miss kellock she smelt of fags and loved hitting you with the belt :lol:
//funny

bonzo- i was expelled from school for refusing the belt in my history class at Ravenspark . Did not want to show my emotions in front of a girl i fancied. :oops:
Thanks for the reply, bobnetau :)