Christmas shopping

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Christmas shopping

Post by glenshena »

Today I did my last supermarket shopping before Christmas. My trolley was full to the brim! I knew I had exagerated when the man behind me at the cash desk said ' madam I feel sorry for your trolley!' :santa03:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Christmas shopping

Post by bonzo »

:lol:
So did I Jean, many bottles of wine purchased today.
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

You are so organised glenshena-and you must have a big fridge .. I like to buy the meat as close to Xmas as possible.I know somebody who goes about the big supermarkets about an hour before closing time on Xmas eve and gets a lot of fresh meat at half price as the shop reduces the price :roll:

Merry Xmas :santa01:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:17 pm :lol:
So did I Jean, many bottles of wine purchased today.
bonzo- I thought you enjoyed your Malts, have you gone doonhill - a Wino //funny
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

I'm a man for all seasons Brian :lol:. I'm only allowed wine noo and again as I tend to forget it has alcohol in it and swally it like ginger. :smt030
Those wimin were in the nip.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

brian f wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:23 pm You are so organised glenshena-and you must have a big fridge .. I like to buy the meat as close to Xmas as possible.I know somebody who goes about the big supermarkets about an hour before closing time on Xmas eve and gets a lot of fresh meat at half price as the shop reduces the price :roll:

Merry Xmas :santa01:
Well I had twelve bottles of mineral water underneath. It wasn't all food and wine. I ordered the turkey and hor's d'ouvres to be picked up on Monday. I don't buy much meat. We used to go out to a Hotel for lunch at Christmas, but now the grandchildren prefer to stay at home and play with their toys. Their excitement is contageous. It's a great time of year. Am I imagining things or do I see the shops busier than other years?
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

It's possible glenshena . Maybe some folks are doing the shop earlier to avoid the mad rush you get in the shops a day or 2 before the big day.