xmas new year telly

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

xmas new year telly

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

hi don't know what anyone else thought, but over xmas and new year I thought the telly was absolute rubbish, even with over 100 channels there was only a couple of things I enjoyed watching ,be good to find out what others thought, im talking about here don't know what it was like for the expats.

James Barr (Brvhrtjimmy)
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: xmas new year telly

Post by bonzo »

I didn't see much but I tuned onto bbc1 for the bells. I really don't know why they persist with only an excuse, its not been much good since Tony roper left!! Alesia (spelling) Dixon providing the music on BBC Scotland :smt102. Even BBC Alba wasn't much cop.
Those wimin were in the nip.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Re: xmas new year telly

Post by creamolafoam »

We found some good stuff through the usual dirge over the festivities. Film wise we liked the yearly Xmas offerings of National Lampoons Xmas Vacation (hilarious), Scrooged & the grandweans favourite Polar Express. Of the new ones, me & the missus really enjoyed Torvill & Dean ( the wife being a huge fan). Music wise, the standouts were the Christmas sessions, folk music at its very best with the likes of Bellowhead & the Unthanks etc, doing their take on some Xmas favs. Agree with Only an Excuse, long since by its sell by date, but we watched Madness in concert, who were bringing in the bells at the central hall Westminster, from bbc London. Then we switched over to the hootenanny on bbc 2 which was excellent as usual.
The fare that BBC Scotland & STV have put up on Hogmanay for the last few yrs is just unwatchable tbh, brutal.
Didn’t know that bbc Alba was still on air. Total waste of money. I have never came across anybody in the threetowns that talks Gaelic which says it all really.