weather

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

weather

Post by morag »

WooHoo! Thunder and lightning..torrential rain, love it! :puter
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
gnyaff
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: weather

Post by gnyaff »

Hi Morag,
We are getting plenty of it here in Queensland, hailstones the size of tennis balls in some places. Cars are wrecked and the pineapple crop as well as other fruit and vegetable crops have been completely smashed to bits in some areas. The biggest disaster is I cannot get to take the boat out for a wee bit of fishing to catch the wee wummin something for dinner.

Wee Boney
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Bet your glad you don't live in Florida Morag or anywhere on the East coast! i.e. South and North Carolina.
Florida took a real battering with storm Michael, but they also have the problem of pot holes where many lovely villas collapse into the ground. I see a lot of British are buying homes in Florida.
We are still having a prolonged summer, so boring, sun every day, although much cooler in the evening, but saying that when it does rain one day is more than enough!
Last year in October I was in Majorca, near Palma for a week, had beautiful weather the whole time. Glad it wasn't this year as there has been unusually very heavy rain and floods killing 12 people, 4 still missing. A couple were British over 75. Majorca is very popular with the British. What's the world coming too?
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

glenshena wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:01 pm What's the world coming too?
Glenshena; Are you serious ? :cry: :cry: :cry:

JD,
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Weather is a bit cyclical but every so often has the 'rebel child ' year .,stormy weather. I like rainy, windy, stormy weather, used to love walking in it in Stevenston and thereabouts...get home from work or school, do what needed done, then I'd take off for a walk @ ten pm or so..my mum expressed her fears to my big sis, that I was a junkie :lol: :lol: No,just got more creative with me, myself and I in the rain...well, maybe was a rain junkie! It's raining here still after our wonderful thunderstorm, such a comforting sound and the garden really needed it! Forecast..80's, no rain :(
C.S.Lewis
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hope member Margb up in Queensland got through that storm the other day without problems. Her town took a right battering and was featured on the news yesterday. :(
margb
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by margb »

Thank you Hughie for asking about the storm. The actual town of Kingaroy missed the bullet. The outlying areas from Taabinga back to Coolabunia (on the edge of town) and over towards Kumbia took the brunt of it. House roofs gone, windows smashed,with hail the size of golf balls.and the young woman who had to protect her child and grandmother in the car. Then on the other side Tansey back to the coast also had it bad too. Just read that power in all the areas affected hopefully should be back on tonight.
So this time round we are okay and blessed there wasn't more damage. It was scary for a lot of people. Really glad I missed it.
The farmers are the ones who are suffering still. Between the drought and stonefruit crops were just about ready to be harvested all gone- not good.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Hi, Morag, The weather in Cambridge in October has been very pleasant this year although it has rained the past 2 days a high of 21 returns Tuesday. My negative thoughts are focused on 28/10 when( BST) ends the clocks go back a hour. :cry:

Keep on Dancing in the Rain. :smt039
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

I will, Brian, I've actually done that! Forecast next couple of weeks, 80's :( , one son's girlfriend and her daughter said it was freezing, :lol: it got into the high 50's overnight. :roll:
C.S.Lewis