Hypocritical China

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Re: Hypocritical China

Post by Jim McCreadie »

The latest from Beijing:
In response to Australia’s suspension of the extradition treaty, China's Foreign Ministry spokesman, Zhao Lijian, said Australia's decisions were "grave violations of international law and basic norms of international relations" and that China reserved the right to "take actions" against Australia. That’s RICH //funny from a political system which:
1. Sent troops, during June 1989, armed with automatic weapons who fired upon unarmed protestors in Tianemen Square resulting in an estimated 2,700 killed (Chinese Red Cross estimate),
2. REFUSED to arbitrate contested South Sea claims and rejected the decision of an INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNISED AUTHORITY, which ruled against those claims, saying it did not recognise the Authority.
3. The "disappearance" of the Tianemen Square “tank man” and, in recent years, several HK book vendors,
4. The treatment and detention of Ethnic Uigars.

I detest ONLY the Chinese political system and it’s holier-than-thou two-faced attitude and oppressive practices!
Q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'30"E

"What language are you talking in now? It appears to be Bo**ocks."
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

The title of the thread is "Hypocritical China"
It is no more hypocritical than 7 out of the top 8 ,I would contend that the UK is placed higher than it should be,in respect of Power

United States. #1 in Power Rankings. No Change in Rank from 2019. ...
Russia. #2 in Power Rankings. No Change in Rank from 2019. ...
China. #3 in Power Rankings. ...
Germany. #4 in Power Rankings. ...
United Kingdom. #5 in Power Rankings. ...
France. #6 in Power Rankings. ...
Japan. #7 in Power Rankings. ...
Israel. #8 in Power Rankings.

I would also contend that Japan should be higher on the list , as would be Israel the latter being higher of the two
Why would I equate Power to Hypocrisy?
Simple really. With Power comes an arrogance and the ability to get away with "stuff"
The First Two have been on the Power/Hypocrisy list since the late 50s

Is Israel hypocritical ?......

Note the lack of the "British" colonies Canada and Australia, because they lack the egos? Possibly.

China being a Communist country, has little bearing,It's became a "New Communist country" in a fashion similar to "New Labour" the ideal at the core but heavily evolved

Communism is an Ideal but like Capitalism is very flawed. Why flawed ? People

PS What is missing from Star Trek?.( It is relevant question)
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Jim McCreadie »

In response to Britain’s suspension of the extradition treaty with Hong Kong, China has accused the UK government of "brutal meddling", insisting it is committed to upholding international law. “Upholding international law”? This from a country which refused to recognise and internationally recognised tribunal set up to adjudicate on China’s claims in the South China Sea!
When Hong Kong was returned to China, it enshrined civil liberties - including the right to protest, freedom of speech and the independence of the judiciary - in Hong Kong's Basic Law, an approach which came to be known as "one country, two systems".
Each of those civil liberties has been broken. Trust China if you wish but I NEVER will.
Q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'30"E

glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

You know Jim, yesterday I went to pick up my grandaughter at the local train station and while I was waiting had a capuccino in the station caffè, run by Chinese now for more that ten years. They were also behind the till in the souvenir shop. In their private car park were two of the most luxiourious BIG black cars I have ever seen for a long time, one Mercedes and the other BMW, latest models. Both spotlessly clean and polished. Something you would expect to see Trump or some wealthy Sheik coming out of.
Can't understand why Italian families can't run a caffé in our Italian train stations. Or the chinese have more money to offer for the licence?

(Just thought to mention, I remember my mother, a sensible woman, saying how she ''never liked the Chinese''! In her days there were very few of them to be seen in Scotland. Maybe it was something to do with the war.)
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

I have never liked the Chinese. Think it is the way they live and the ruling governments.
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

sweet caroline wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:20 am I have never liked the Chinese. Think it is the way they live and the ruling governments.
I apply that to the Tories
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Jim McCreadie »

As previously stated, I have no problem with Chinese, or any, people. In fact, having seen Chinese close-up in Hong Kong during late 60s-early 70s, I know them to be hard-working people. I detest the Chinese Communist Party and it’s holier-than-thou hypocritical attitudes and acts!
Last edited by Jim McCreadie on Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'30"E

sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

I don't think any of their Govermnents put the people first, and yes those in the crowded cities are as bad off as some of the rural districts .I think the Governments are" Keeping up with the Jones" and not doing enough for the people ,who are a very courteous nation. Also the regimentation of the Army is extreme .
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

What I posted earlier
Communism is an Ideal but like Capitalism is very flawed. Why flawed ? People
What you said
it’s holier-than-thou hypocritical attitudes and acts
I'm being pedantic but The attitude and acts are both down to the People. and their action,not the State

That returns us to the abysmal "Animal Farm"

All Power corrupts ??
It was
"Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely." An observation that a person's sense of morality lessens as his or her power increases. Lord Acton end of the 19th century ,
ergo Bad people do bad things
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Jim McCreadie »

The people tried,remember Tianemen Square where they were murdered in their hundreds by their own countrymen. More recently, there were the protests in HK. Who, in their right mind, would want to go up against the State Security apparatus?
Democracy may be flawed but it’s a damned sight better than the other side of the fence!
Q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'30"E

stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

I'm sorry you're missing the point,the theory of both capitalism and communism is sound,
It's the people that control the system that are flawed

Tianemen Square who ordered that?...... Not the system,but high up people controlling the system in order to maintain their position within that system (their power)
State Security apparatus?.....Singling out China does not exempt USA or UK, or Africa (a lot of it) or South America (a lot of it) plus what used to be called the Near East ..........as I said before Israel
Consider the new form of control is, I was going to say from Stalin but that would be wrong more from Nikita Khrushchev denouncing Stalin.
He really orchestrated the cult of personality , a whole list of other followed Kennedy and all till today Johnson, Trump and Sturgeon
China doesn't really have that , it's effectively behind the scenes it has no personality but the result is the same

People screw the whole thing up!!! not systems

PS from the dark side ......
cult of personality or cult of the leader, arises when a country's regime – or, more rarely, an individual – uses the techniques of mass media, propaganda, the big lie, spectacle, the arts, patriotism, and government-organized demonstrations and rallies to create an idealized, heroic, and worshipful image of a leader, often through unquestioning flattery and praise. A cult of personality is similar to apotheosis, except that it is established by modern social engineering techniques, usually by the state or the party in one-party states and dominant-party states. It is often seen in totalitarian or authoritarian countries.
Anybody spring to mind??
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

The question from 10/7/20
PS What is missing from Star Trek?.( It is relevant question)