They're back!!!!!!!!!

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: They're back!!!!!!!!!

Post by glenshena »

sweet caroline wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:01 pm You can get Calamine in cream form now.

SC
Tried the cream this year but it's not as good as the lotion. It works after a while,but the lotion has a more immediate effect. I laughed at Drew Pritchard of Salvage Hunters fame. He was in the south west Scotland on business and he bought well but he said he couldn't stand the midgies, they were up his nose, in his hair and ears, he hated them. Do they not have midgies in England/Wales then?
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Avon’s skin so soft lotion helps keep midgies away Don’t know if it would work with mosquitoes?
Denis McGee
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Denis McGee »

There's a wee poem in the Kelvingrove Art Gallery by "Rikki" Fulton which goes ;
Midgies, midgies, A'm no gonnie kid yies,
midgies are really the limit.
They've gote teeth like piranhas,
and they'll drive ye bananas
if ye let them get under yer simmit.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Very funny. I can't really remember what midgies do, if its just a bite, I've been away too long and am never back in the summer months. However Mosquitoes seem to inject some kind of poison and your wound swells up and itches for at least three days. I still have the scars from my early bites in the 70's but now I have become imune and I just have the itching for a day. Now that there are six of us in the family I bought two more bottles of calamine lotion when I was in Saltcoats in December. There's nothing like it here. However according to a travel programme on tv, due to the climate, seemingly there are NO mosquites in the Canary Islands. Worth a thought....
Norrie Ford
Settling In
Settling In

Post by Norrie Ford »

Glenshena was a house that the Christie twins lived in - related?
Norrie Ford