N.A.C. in bold renaming move.

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: N.A.C. in bold renaming move.

Post by 5siamese7 »

Vivc113 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:38 pm Yes. Well. After all that, here is a REAL story.

The Cooncil are wanting folk to think up names for streets. This is no joke. On ASH facebook page. Some folk are suggesting "Junkie Avenue".
Some folk refer to Dockhead street as Zombie street.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Oh. I can understand why.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

5siamese7 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:52 pm
Vivc113 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:38 pm
The Cooncil are wanting folk to think up names for streets. This is no joke. On ASH facebook page. Some folk are suggesting "Junkie Avenue".
Haven't came across the ASH article, but maybe NAC are just inviting folk to offer a few suggestions to see if any really good idea's come from the public. As for the two extremely crude suggestions above, I don't know why anyone would want to waste their time posting absolute rubbish like that.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Vivc113 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:38 pm Yes. Well. After all that, here is a REAL story.

Viv- Just remember you go to work and come home to a nice warm flat.Some people are homeless.......... no doubt mental illness comes into play-just saying..
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

It was not me who suggested it.

Mental illness ... Maybe. But then the Cooncil cut all the support for elderly (Food Train as an example), cuts to social services and care, but ordinary Joe Bloggs is supposed to think "yipee".
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Some shop workers in Dockhead street call it Zonbie street and are fed up with what they have to witness.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

I can believe that. Last year 2 ijits were rolling about in front of the card shop before someone dialled the cops.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

one diall
5siamese7 wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:46 pm
Vivc113 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:38 pm
Some shop workers in Dockhead street call it Zonbie street and are fed up with what they have to witness.
Vivc and Siamese, you're both deliberately trying to twist what's highlighted above in bold into something that it clearly isn't, as even a blind man could have seen that NAC were simply putting the feelers out to the public in regard to prospective street names for NEW council housing developments. Please take the time to read the article in this weeks A&S herald if either of you feel the need for any further enlightening there.
Vivc113 wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:13 am I can believe that. Last year 2 ijits were rolling about in front of the card shop before someone dialled the cops.
I'm assuming that both must have had "I am a drug addict" tattoos emblazoned across their forehead's, Vivc.

To think I started this topic simply as a bit of a lighthearted April Fool's day prank about the Threetown's. :roll:
Last edited by Hughie on Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Closing this topic for obvious reasons