Snow Joke

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Snow Joke

Post by bonzo »

Never mind the gas running out, the river Irvine has froze at the low green (something I can't remember seeing in 27 years living in Irvine)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/2ypmWoLx7au3jdKw2
And the darts are cancelled :(
Those wimin were in the nip.
tapnagol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tapnagol »

Is Kilwinning airport still open?.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

John Donnelly wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:55 pm The other thing is that the Scandinavians and the rest all have snow-chains in their cars, trucks and buses as a matter of course the way we have spare wheels.
If we had snow chains and were used to getting them on inside a few minutes, we would also have a lot less problems with a wee bit of snow.
Soon to be seen in Irvine High street a shop selling snow-chains. :roll:
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

:lol:

As was stated on the radio yesterday...you wonder how we won the World wars. Agreed. But then society today...snow forecast, give up, roll around, stay in the hoose with 40 loaves and 100 pints o milk.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

I cannot believe it my central heating has packed in. Phoned for help but they can't come till Monday because of the weather they have a large backlog of breakdowns. I just stay round the corner but the way they work is first come first served. Thank goodness I have a gas fire. Its very cold outside so a day to stay indoors.
tapnagol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tapnagol »

How to avoid being stuck in snow. HEED WARNINGS,AND DONT TRAVEL ON ROADS AFFECTED. SIMPLE. As far as I am aware, there is no difficulty in the three towns, or Kilwinning. I've had more snow in my fridge.i do concede that it is cauld, Brrrrrrrrrr.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

5siamese7 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:49 am I cannot believe it my central heating has packed in. Phoned for help but they can't come till Monday because of the weather they have a large backlog of breakdowns. I just stay round the corner but the way they work is first come first served. Thank goodness I have a gas fire. Its very cold outside so a day to stay indoors.
Sod's Law I suppose Bill, but at least you'll be relieved to have your gas fire as backup for over the weekend.

Aye, with that bitterly cold wind it's definitely not a day for a casual wee walk.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

5siamese7 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:49 am I cannot believe it my central heating has packed in. Phoned for help but they can't come till Monday because of the weather they have a large backlog of breakdowns. I just stay round the corner but the way they work is first come first served. Thank goodness I have a gas fire. Its very cold outside so a day to stay indoors.
Poor you. Hope gets sorted.

Wee update. ASDA Ardrossan now out of milk n bread. TESCO have no bags (deliveries unable to get through). Take your own bags. Bargain B has no bread.

Meanwhile whilst in Bargain B I had a quick read about Sturgeon having a go at transport bosses for sending all the HGVs out. What part of this can she no understand. This is why TESCO and ASDA are now heading toward a crisis.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Viv, thank you for your kind words. Its these condensing boilers that stop working because the drainage system freezes up apparently from a lack of insulation in the drainage pipe. My pipes have insulation but one inch from the house isn't. I guess i'll have to put an electric blanket on the bed tonight or maybe a crock water bottle. I kept them in case we go back to year zero. With no central heating its no joke going to the loo especially with a plastic toilet seat. Anyway I detect a wee bit of warming and hopefully no frost to-night.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Its certainly no joke for elderly people with health problems. As for me I do plan ahead and always have plenty of food. A fridge freezer and a micro wave for defrosting are a marriage made in heaven.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

bonzo wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:23 pm Never mind the gas running out, the river Irvine has froze at the low green (something I can't remember seeing in 27 years living in Irvine)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/2ypmWoLx7au3jdKw2
And the darts are cancelled :(
Amazing photo Bonzo must be a slow moving current there.
tapnagol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tapnagol »

Cause of shortage of goods not caused by ms Sturgeon or transport but by idiotic shoppers panic buying and stockpiling . Get a grip on reality and cease behaving like there is no tomorrow. I have it on good authority that there will be.