Political Logic?

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
tapnagol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Political Logic?

Post by tapnagol »

I stumbled across this topic while browsing, and realised that it is not just the multi national companies who are affected by some daft legislation. I know that we must have 'Health and safety regs' but surely these must be based on reality. Members of my family enjoy purchasing a container of ice cream, provided by that well Kent cafe, the Plazza (Ardrossaneese).pre Christmas my daughter, took her previously acceptable re useable container for a refill, of ice cream. She was informed that this practice is no longer allowed and, that a new container must be supplied in all such transactions, on grounds of H&S . I use, and I'm sure most of the population use plastic containers regularly. What do we do when we have consumed the contents ?. We wash them. Now I'm sure that ( The Plazzas) facilities are superior to mine , or the dreaded H&E wallers, would have them for that. Therefore if it is thought unhygienic to wash the said ice cream tubs, why then don't they have to replace plates, mugs, and cutlery after each use , or am I missing something . Incidentally the practice of reusing containers has been used for some time and I have not noticed that North Ayrshire has becom a black spot for lurggy caused by consumption of ice cream.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

No longer acceptable to re-use plastic containers because of contaminates that can cause cancer. Don't even refill plastic water bottles. Keep safe.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Most are recyclable here. We have three bins, green waste (garden stuff) trash, and recycling, my recycle bin is used most. Hard to find non recycles here....not that I seek them out :wink:
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

5siamese7 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:03 pm No longer acceptable to re-use plastic containers because of contaminates that can cause cancer. Don't even refill plastic water bottles. Keep safe.
I renew my water plastic bottle once a month. What harm can it do if your emptying once a day?
Those wimin were in the nip.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

The latest information is that plastic bottles should not be reused because of the transference of cancer causing chemicals.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

I've been doing it for years, guess it's all just statistics. If your tea's oot your tea's oot :D
Those wimin were in the nip.
tapnagol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tapnagol »

Surely if these containers have carcinogens in their construction, they would be banned for food use in the first place?.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Bigger issues now everybody !!! Trees need planting.

Never mind the crisis in NHS, employment, social care ... let's all plant £5m pounds worth of trees.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
exile
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by exile »

5siamese7 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:13 pm The latest information is that plastic bottles should not be reused because of the transference of cancer causing chemicals.
I can't remember what the programme was a few weeks back, but it featured the re-use of plastic bottles by a top-flight disabled basketball team. The carcinogens theory was comprehensively rubbished by an independent lab, and nobody could find the true source of the original scare.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

exile wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:36 pm
5siamese7 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:13 pm The latest information is that plastic bottles should not be reused because of the transference of cancer causing chemicals.
I can't remember what the programme was a few weeks back, but it featured the re-use of plastic bottles by a top-flight disabled basketball team. The carcinogens theory was comprehensively rubbished by an independent lab, and nobody could find the true source of the original scare.
Probably Trump with some fake news,
JD.
tapnagol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tapnagol »

May I remind Vivc113 that without trees, the alleged crisis in the NHS would certainly become a crisis.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

tapnagol wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:35 am May I remind Vivc113 that without trees, the alleged crisis in the NHS would certainly become a crisis.
Ok !!! :lol:
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".