manchester arena terror attack

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

manchester arena terror attack

Post by creamolafoam »

I simply find it unbelievable that a human being could walk into an area with explosives strapped to them & detonate a bomb killling & maiming innocent kids & parents in a venue where they were all enjoying an ariana grande concert.
Words truly fail me this morning. So very, very sad.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Re: manchester arena terror attack

Post by Meg »

creamolafoam wrote:I simply find it unbelievable that a human being could walk into an area with explosives strapped to them & detonate a bomb killling & maiming innocent kids & parents in a venue where they were all enjoying an ariana grande concert.
Words truly fail me this morning. So very, very sad.
Words fail me too creamolafoam - and to put nails, bolts and small pieces of metal in a bomb to do greatest damage. Evil....
Alexmac442
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Alexmac442 »

I can understand why they do it, it is all to do with the religion, just remember their so called holy book states "kill the infidel" among other nonsensities. I keep wondering why the World just does not wake up to the fact that ishlam is a foul cancer that is sweeping the planet and only drastic action can stop it. I know some of you may criticise this reply but I have spent many years in their countries and can speak with experience.
Alex
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

I have to disagree there is good and bad in everyone,I would not blame the religion.

The fault I'm afraid lies in part at the feet of May , the Constant ramping up of Imperialism following a verging on extreme Right wing agenda ..Doesn't help.......That and Tory inbreeding....Anyone following politics has seen this starting up, look at Arlene Foster,Ruth Davidson and May ( goaded on by UKIP)
I feel reminded of going to London in 1976/7 and crapping myself at a left behind bag

o/t Doesn't May look like a Gerald Scarfe (the Wall) cartoon
MANBEAR
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by MANBEAR »

Stivis totally agree I have fought terror and lived with it for many years and someone who lost friends and comrades to it still has not shaken my belief that there are more good people than bad
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Unfortunately there is a big problem with some human beings. To-day in Irvine the Scots Guards were recruiting and they had a heavy machine gun on display and the bullets were massive and I guess would tear a human body in half, considering the wounds those poor folk in Manchester must have suffered I thought it was in bad taste.
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

I will agree with you Stivis about more good people than bad. Not sure where its the fault of May though. She didn't put the bombs on their backs and no matter what you think of the politics there is no excuse for the taking of human lives. Blair and Bush probably added fuel to the fire with their phony war.
I cant believe that the Muslim community don't know whats going on with their young men and I think it could do more to re direct their thinking on who the enemy really is.

Rabbie Burns Nailed it on the head when he talked about "Man's inhumanity to man"
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

The May criticisms were her constantly ramping up imperialism, and race intolerance, her being a "good" Christian ,yet showing not a smattering of humanity.
Bush and Blair only added to the way the west treated the middle east, Laurence's (of Arabia)promises to the East were broken Britain never even rebuilt the railway line that they destroyed( with Arab help) and 100 years later they are still not rebuilt

Jon Snow did a cracking job on Channel 4 News giving a pasting to Fallon,Diane Abbot and some Liberal Lord

The lot of them came out with cliche upon cliche , Does any one really think that putting Armed Police and Army on the streets is not Imperialism.
Special Branch, MI5, MI6 and any other intelligence group are invisible that's their raison d'être....May has put armed forces on the street but to show her "toughness"
Anyone would think there is an election in the offing

I suppose that's put the kibosh on any PR job with the Tories

Churchill sent troops to Glasgow to fight the Battle of George Square in 1919, does anyone NOT conceive that such an Idea might not be the "Mad Wumman's heid"............just have a think about it
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

stivis,
I must be missing something.
How can what she has done/is doing make someone want to take the lives of others including his own. As for troops on the streets I thought it was "Cobra" that decided that, with a view to making it more difficult for terrorists to operate and to try to restore some public confidence.
Regarding the Jon Snow program I never watched it, but imperial Britain did have a very poor record of dealing with various international events and in many cases should be ashamed.
It probably sounds as if I am a fan of hers(May) but nothing could be further from the truth I just think that any responsibility should not be laid at her feet but at the feet of those who are spawning and promoting this violence in the name of religion what ever religion that may be.
Sorry but troops on the streets protecting the public is not my understanding of imperialism.
GEODGC
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by GEODGC »

Goodness me, putting extra police and troops on the streets is imperialism? If that's what it takes to stop an attack or save just one life I'm happy with that. Now's not the time for petty political point scoring, our country's children are being slaughtered for doing nothing more than enjoying a night out.
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

If you put troops on the street, you are nudging martial law, which Churchill did, May is using this as propaganda,
a guy alone out to create havoc is one thing,BUT May as former Home Secretary has the Intelligence forces behind her, this did not surface unexpectedly.
Cobra has tactical command,BUT and it's a critical but May has overall command.
Terrorists are by nature invisible until the time of impact, so the show of force has virtually no effect on stopping what is in progress, again the way of stopping such actions is by intelligence gathering, May was none too clever as Home Secretary,little has changed
Again I say that May and the far right attitude ,taken from UKIP and now at the front of the Tories campaigning has escalated directly the reaction of disenfranchised individuals
GEODGC
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by GEODGC »

stivis wrote:If you put troops on the street, you are nudging martial law, which Churchill did, May is using this as propaganda,
a guy alone out to create havoc is one thing,BUT May as former Home Secretary has the Intelligence forces behind her, this did not surface unexpectedly.
Cobra has tactical command,BUT and it's a critical but May has overall command.
Terrorists are by nature invisible until the time of impact, so the show of force has virtually no effect on stopping what is in progress, again the way of stopping such actions is by intelligence gathering, May was none too clever as Home Secretary,little has changed
Again I say that May and the far right attitude ,taken from UKIP and now at the front of the Tories campaigning has escalated directly the reaction of disenfranchised individuals
A guy acting alone? They have made several arrests in the Manchester area since the attack. You are making a fool of yourself here Stivis. Your comments are in bad taste at best and verging on downright offensive to most right thinking people. I can't believe people are actually using this atrocity to have a go at May, the Tories etc etc. Utterly shameful! That's enough for me I'm afraid.