Happy St. Patrick's Day

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Post by Hughie »

Have a great St. Patrick's day. Any threetowner out there who thinks there is no Irish blood in them, then they've never had a close look at their family tree. I wrote the following some time ago:
In 1851 11% of Ayrshire's population were Irish-born. So says John Strawhorn in his book "Ayrshire the Story of a County". So, that eleven percent have been hard at work spreading their genes ever since - we are evidence of that. :wink:
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day

Post by morag »

:hi: My grampa was 'straight off the boat' with a bunch of other Irislh lads who came looking for work from NI as they found it impossible there due mainly for religious reasons, worked out well or I widnae be here to pester you :mrgreen:
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
sally40bags
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by sally40bags »

My grandparents came over from Co Mayo 1910 and settled in Glasgow. My mum came down to Stevenson on a day trip summer 1947 and met my dad, as they say the rest is history!! Happy St Patrick's day. X
Milda
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Milda »

My mum came from Coleraine ,where I live now and a lot of my relations are here .Love the Irish part of me ,but I am glad she went over to Scotland ,married my dad and had me in Scotland where my heart will always be especially in my wee town of Saltcoats.
MANBEAR
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by MANBEAR »

Happy St Patrick's day to you all from an Ulster Scots who heart will always belong to Saltcoats