What did your kids do that made you laugh?

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Vinegarjoe
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: What did your kids do that made you laugh?

Post by Vinegarjoe »

Years ago, a good friend of mine went to pick his MIL up.She was deaf as a post, and on getting in the car, she always slammed the car door shut (So she could hear it shut!!) However, this day he had his son with him. In those days there were no restrictions, and his son was standing in the back but between the two front seats.
When the MIL got in, and as usual slammed the door shut, Tam said (under his breath) "That's the F***ing door shut, then!!"
To which his son shouted in his Gran's ear, "That's the f***ing door shut, Gran!!!"
She heard that alright!!!
Happy days!!
MANBEAR
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by MANBEAR »

When my daughter was 4 years old we was in the post office and there was a black lady standing behind us my daughter started to look at this woman and out of the blue asked are you black all over I was totally afrunted but the woman asked would you like me to show you and said you have to laugh at the innocent of children I did have a laugh a few days later
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Son Chris, already quite blond, had been swimming all summer and his hair even lighter. I said, "hris, your hair's nearly white!" Chris, "Don't be silly mum! Only bald men have white hair!" lol!
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Three sons having just had lunch, oldest says, if I eat another crumb I'll burst! Youngest pushes a crumb forward, says, eat it, eat it!
C.S.Lewis
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Our first return trip was in 1978 after having been in Australia 14 years. Our three children were with us and were then aged 5 to 12. It was great to see them mix it with their cousins (a new experience for them). The boys just loved being in Stevenston for Halloween and Guy Fox night.

Couple of things our daughter age 12 couldn't understand - we had to explained. As she and her
cousin were on the bus passing what was then 'Buckredden' Maternity Home in Kilwinning, her cousin said
"It's full of dead wee babies in there", Now that really confused her.

And on another occasion she was told, "Our granny fell off the chimney last night, but we're getting a new one"! Our wee Aussie lassie was totally confused. But then maybe in this day and age local kids would also be confused. :lol:
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Hughie wrote:Our first return trip was in 1978 after having been in Australia 14 years. Our three children were with us and were then aged 5 to 12. It was great to see them mix it with their cousins (a new experience for them). The boys just loved being in Stevenston for Halloween and Guy Fox night.

Couple of things our daughter age 12 couldn't understand - we had to explained. As she and her
cousin were on the bus passing what was then 'Buckredden' Maternity Home in Kilwinning, her cousin said
"It's full of dead wee babies in there", Now that really confused her.

And on another occasion she was told, "Our granny fell off the chimney last night, but we're getting a new one"! Our wee Aussie lassie was totally confused. But then maybe in this day and age local kids would also be confused. :lol:
:lol:
C.S.Lewis
elvis1913
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by elvis1913 »

When I was bathing our new baby, my son 3 said she must be sitting on her peeny caus I cant see it :mrgreen: