Should I watch the inauguration of Donald Trump

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Should I watch the inauguration of Donald Trump

Post by 5siamese7 »

He will represent the culture of the day in America. Guns will not see much restriction if any . Its a conservative country that doesn't like change. If he and Putin have a good relationship then surely this will keep the peace and lessen the need for spending on nuclear armaments. Anyone who remembers my posts I stated that America is only interested in what is best for America.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Cant quite work out why a 70 year old man wants all this. Is it not about time to slow down, mind you he is younger than the Queen and the Pope...

Maybe he is "Narcissistic" and for that he makes the Threetowner "narcissism" members look like Brown nosed YES men. :roll: :lol:
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

brian f wrote:Cant quite work out why a 70 year old man wants all this. Is it not about time to slow down, mind you he is younger than the Queen and the Pope...

Maybe he is "Narcissistic" and for that he makes the Threetowner "narcissism" members look like Brown nosed YES men. :roll: :lol:
I think he is narcissist.. but then, few and far between aren't, that go for positions of power.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

HE'S IN. GET USED TO IT.

DON'T LIKE IT.... DON'T READ THE THREAD.

Simples really.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Sorry Viv,
but it doesn't work like that.
If Napoleon hadn't invaded Russia in the winter, we'd all be speaking French in Europe today.
If Hitler hadn't opened the second front in the east, we'd all be speaking German in Europe today.
We cannot just sit back and watch one of our leaders taking us down a path that could lead to destruction.
In the two examples above, things turned out well for Europe and the world.
I'm not sure what the French and Germans think. They've kept awful quiet.
JD.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Trump will make his own history. Unlike the cardboard cut outs we have in the UK, he stands up and yells: 'I'm doing it MY way. Like it or lump it'. And I am liking it.

In the UK I hardly notice Theresa May, Corbyn is just 'there'.

Trump has plenty of supporters and Hilary was a liar. How far would you have got with her.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

That Trump has plenty of supporters doesn't make his ideas acceptable. Check out my previous arguments that they were misled and manipulated. And even if Hilary was a liar, ('m not quite sure where that came from, and apart from the fact that almost all politicians are proven liars), I don't think that is a good reason to vote for some-one like Trump. There were chances enough in the primaries to find an alternative to Hilary, but apparently, the wonderful democratic system managed to miss them.
A still not convinced JD.
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

Vivc113 wrote:Trump will make his own history. Unlike the cardboard cut outs we have in the UK, he stands up and yells: 'I'm doing it MY way. Like it or lump it'. And I am liking it.

In the UK I hardly notice Theresa May, Corbyn is just 'there'.

Trump has plenty of supporters and Hilary was a liar. How far would you have got with her.
What is his way, not being a politician. So far I have heard nothing from him that I like.

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

His way. Making sure there is nothing many folk like!!!! :lol: :hi:
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

John
Just managed to read your last posts on this and I think we are of the same mind on. I thought you were being critical of democracy but now I believe its the lies, half truths and misleads that are spoken prior to votes being cast that you are at odds with. That I'm afraid is how things are and have been going away back to the serpent in the garden of Eden. They don't even call them lies now, the latest lies are being called alternative facts.
I still believe in democracy and am sure that most times it works out Allright, but on the few occasions when it produces a result we consider to be a bad one we have to grin and bear it, and change it next time round. Unfortunately the rest of the world has no say in what happens in USA elections. So just as we had no say in Napoleons and Hitlers war mongering other than to face up to their aggression when needed, we have a no say in anything Trump and his buddy Putin may think of.

Regarding Hillary
The accusations made by Trump and his team against her and Americans being very quick to sue for the slightest thing, don't you think you she is keeping very quiet about these?

Morag
Leaving aside that you don't like Donald Trump do you think that his election win was not what the majority of Americans wanted? in other words he was not democratically elected.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Vivc113 wrote:HE'S IN. GET USED TO IT.
DON'T LIKE IT.... DON'T READ THE THREAD.
Simples really.
Shhhhh! ... keep the noise doon Vivc.

The amount of moral outrage, wailing and knashing of teeth since this guy won a democratic election has been way over the top - he should now be afforded some space to simply get on with it.
John Donnelly wrote: If Napoleon hadn't invaded Russia in the winter, we'd all be speaking French in Europe today.
If Hitler hadn't opened the second front in the east, we'd all be speaking German in Europe today.
We cannot just sit back and watch one of our leaders taking us down a path that could lead to destruction.
JD.
JD, Mr. Trump has only just got his foot in the front door at The White House and you've already name-dropped Adolph Hitler in a thread about it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law
Surely you should now do the honourable thing and concede to having lost the debate? :wink:
Last edited by michaelm on Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Meekan, Hillary won the popular vote, Trump, the electoral college. Sanders would have wiped them both out, I'm hoping for the best :roll:
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis