Rhetorical Question

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Rhetorical Question

Post by Meg »

glenshena wrote:Considering if I get to be 90, I would be more than ready to 'pop my clogs', but to loose a child at 6 years old through illness is the most heartbreaking trauma any parents could face. I have grandchildren of that age and I think I would die with pain if it happened to anyone of them.
Me too Glenshena - the raw pain in the faces of the relatives was too much to bear. I spent the whole service looking at the floor, it was the only way I could cope.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

So sad and words are not enough.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

I noticed in todays Herald, Intimations page, that of the 8 funerals this week, God bless their souls, 6 are going to be cremated. Definitely a sign of the times.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

'Old age is uncurable. There's no escaping death so we might as well programme where and when it should be.' These are the first lines of an article I read in a local paper written by a french/Swiss lady of 75 who has'decided' to die :shock: in January 2020. She writes 'old age is incurable, even though you are good looking and fit but certainly not in good health. When your amount of suffering beats the amount of pleasure in your life, you have the right to decide to go in dignity. Assisted suicide is the way to do it.' She doesn't want to grow too old and be dependant on others.
She has already contacted an doctor friend in an agency in Switzerland and has 'booked' the clinic. She says she has had a good life, lived well, with no economic problems. She never has had to work, just bringing up her three sons who are all living abroad and she rarely sees. She has grandchildren but as she considers herself an intellectual does not see herself as a granny figure; she would not like to spend her days looking after children. Her husband left her for a woman much younger than her, and he agrees that she has the right to decide when to end her life. She has told everyone that she doesn't want any tears and no sad speeches.
She hopes that on the day of her death her family will come with her to a restaurant and after the Doctor friend will take her to the clinic and end her life. Her son is making a documentary about her life and her death.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

glenshena-How can a family go to a restaurant and eat, looking at a loved person who is about to die.
I should think she has not got over the heartache of her husband leaving her.
But then again we are all different.