Rhetorical Question

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Rhetorical Question

Post by Hughie »

Catherine Belle wrote: I still visit my son's grave every week and leave fresh flowers in a little cone thing that can be filled with water. It gives me great pleasure when I come back each week to see all the fresh flowers with the tops eaten and the stems scattered. ...means that wild life has visited his grave and that makes me glad. He was a great outdoors man who loved all creatures and I'm glad my flowers invite "visitors" to his resting place..:)
It will always remain a dear memory for Betty and I to have shared one of those days with you, Catherine.

Hughie & Betty x
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Catherine Belle »

Hughie wrote: It will always remain a dear memory for Betty and I to have shared one of those days with you, Catherine.

Hughie & Betty x
Thanks for your kind reply, Hughie. My love to Betty.xox
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

While I recognise that, an maybe, if I could drive I would go, but, all my dear beloveds are beyond reach, physically. Mentally, never leave. Daily in my thoughts. Sometimes laughter, more often just wishing they were still here.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Glad to see you back safe and sound1 Photies noo!
8)
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do... While there's life, there is hope. [Stephen Hawking]

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Catherine Belle »

sweet caroline wrote:However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do... While there's life, there is hope. [Stephen Hawking]

SC
Totally agree. That is why I would fulfill my bucket list instead of lying in a hospital bed being infused with poisons. That is my hope. Every one has their own hope and that's okay too.. :wink:
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Catherine Belle wrote:[quote="That is why I would fulfill my bucket list instead of lying in a hospital bed being infused with poisons.
Must update the Bucket list topic - See: http://www.threetowners.net/forum/viewt ... 02#p138502
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Today was the funeral of prof. Umberto Veronesi,. 90, the best Italian surgeon ever regarding cancer operations. He invented AIRC, the study of cancer research in Italy,. Amazingly, during his career he became an aethiest, did not believe in God or anykind of after life, he had witnessed too much suffering and death throughout his lifetime. The funeral was not held in church, but the town hall and was attended by thousands who had been operated by him. When he discovered he was himself afflicted by the disease, he refused treatment of any kind preferring to die naturally. A true hero of our times.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

I admire your admiration for this guy who few of us have ever heard of but please don't compare his suffering to what Jesus went through.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

5siamese7 wrote:I admire your admiration for this guy who few of us have ever heard of but please don't compare his suffering to what Jesus went through.
I don't see anywhere in her post that Glenshena compared this talented surgeon to Jesus. One of the strengths of our forum is that we hail from all over the globe - and I, for one, am delighted that I have learned about someone who has made a difference in our (getting smaller) world.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

As I understand it the suffering he witnessed led him to become an atheist. He lost his faith in God who many of us believe to be Jesus the one and the same.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Considering if I get to be 90, I would be more than ready to 'pop my clogs', but to loose a child at 6 years old through illness is the most heartbreaking trauma any parents could face. I have grandchildren of that age and I think I would die with pain if it happened to anyone of them.