Random memories

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Random memories

Post by bonzo »

My faither taking me into the greystones went I was aboot 7 years old. He bought me a glass of lemonade and we went and sat with his pals. Wan of his pals put some of his beer in my lemonade, gadz that wasted my ginger hated it. How times have changed //funny
Those wimin were in the nip.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

bonzo wrote:Don't know if this is a random memory but the smell of rain in the summer time always takes me back tae being a wean.
Bonzo, apparently this is very common.
The part of the bran for smell is apparently somehow closely related to the memory area or simply just right next to it.
Thus, smells are responsible for bringing on lots of memories

JD.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

JD that must be a good thing then, everything still working as it should :lol:
sally40bags
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by sally40bags »

Help ma Boab, first time I've ever noticed the Notification setting. Sorry for not responding, think I'm losing it,mind you don't know if I ever had it!!! Lol
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Come on guys have you ever tapped a bird on the shoulder to dance and she blanked you.... :lol:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Probably on more than one occasion :lol: dae lassies still dae that dance in a circle roon their handbags?
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo wrote:Probably on more than one occasion :lol: dae lassies still dae that dance in a circle roon their handbags?
Saddos , just anticipating..... 8)
MANBEAR
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by MANBEAR »

My father coming in his lorry it was a flatbed to my Grans and when he was going lifted me on to the back for a wee ride down the street and my aunt Ellday running after us shouting don't you take him that was the last time I seen him
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

the 'horse and cart' man, seemed he sold everything...and the rag and bone man.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Playing in new st as a wee boy, then about 4 o'clock(I think) the road being packed with cars buses and people going hame fae the factory.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Did mummy ever say if your going oot you can stay oot !
A long long time ago when I was a wee boy I did, six inches of snow I loved it until I got this severe pain. I did not make it back home in time, I pooped myself :oops:

I just hate Snow...
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

John Donnelly wrote:
bonzo wrote:Don't know if this is a random memory but the smell of rain in the summer time always takes me back tae being a wean.
Bonzo, apparently this is very common.
The part of the bran for smell is apparently somehow closely related to the memory area or simply just right next to it.
Thus, smells are responsible for bringing on lots of memories

JD.
Very true, and I think hearing a particular song or piece of music that you might not even have heard for decades can also have a similar type of effect. For instance - the Chimes of an Ice Cream Van.

JD, your wee quote there instantly brought back a random memory of mine. When I was barely 20 years old I had a summer job in Brodick, Isle of Arran.
Keith, the chap in the video below, was one of a number of young folk who also had seasonal jobs there - just prior to starting at University.

It's good to see he's really excelled in his chosen field, and apart from obvious physical changes due to the passing of time, he still has the exact same mannerisms and sense of humour that I recall from back then.

Incidentally, one of Keith's favourite "movements" in those younger days - apart from chasing the Lassies - was simply taking hold of a glass and moving it towards his lips. :lol: