Threetowners cycling thread

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
MANBEAR
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Threetowners cycling thread

Post by MANBEAR »

Send me some of your energy and a great photo of such a calm sea just like a pond
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Don't you just love a long weekend? Up and out before 8 this morning as I wanted to get it as cool as I could.

Just my usual Friday cycle down to Prestwick, along the coast all the way. The weather didn't disappoint it was gorgeous. More of a breeze than I expected on the way out but swings and roundabouts it was with me all the way home. 32 miles.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Bruce »

I went out this morning and did roughly the same trip as last weekend. Except last weekend was pouring with rain, today was hot and sunny - which actually made the ride harder!

Saltcoats, along the high rd to stevenston, then Dubbs Rd to Kilwinning station. Jumped on the train to Glengarnock, then through Glengarnock and Kilbirnie. Out the Milton Rd, and along some fairly hilly farm roads to Lochwinnoch golf course.

From there, up to Muirshiel park visitor centre, quite a long slog, but that makes the ride back down more fun. Followed the Kilmacolm road for a bit, then towards Howwood. Cut onto the cycle path at Howwood, then back through Lochwinnoch to the station. Train to kilwinning, then bike home.

52km in total - here’s the fly-through of the middle section. https://www.relive.cc/view/1007728003
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Must have been a sticky one this morning Bruce. I was roasting and that was just sitting in my living room :lol:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Went out on the bike today for a wee run down to the vets to pick up my dogs script round journey only about 6 miles.I had to double back as i forgot my debit card and maybe it's just as well for i had the sense to put the gloves on. Flaming "June" aye right :roll: :lol:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Hahaha if your weather has been anything like oors today it wouldn't have been much fun.

I've not been on the bike for a week and a half, I've had a niggly injury for weeks and I've not been giving myself a chance to recover so nae cycling for 3 weeks. I'm climbing the walls already .
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo wrote:. I'm climbing the walls already .
Do you want to swap misses . //funny

No honestly the weather was terrible - one minute it was fine the next it was heaving down.
Not be long now to we are reading your bike posts :D
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Bruce »

I was out twice at the weekend - first along the coast to largs, and then down towards troon and prestwick the next day,
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

brian f wrote:
bonzo wrote:. I'm climbing the walls already .
Do you want to swap misses . //funny
Hahaha I'll ask, but be warned Mrs B takes a fair bit of keeping in wine //funny
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Back out on the bike after 3 weeks off so I will break myself back in gently this week.

Castlepark to Seamill today. Ravenspark, dubbs Rd, the quarry, the prom, round Saltcoats harbour, South Beach , North shore and stopped for a drink in Seamill. Turned the bike around and back the same way. 24 miles covered and felt great to be back out and about.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Cycling has become incredibly popular in the last few years. I still have my bikes but due to health problems i'm afraid cycling is out the window. I miss it so much made worse by the fact that the national cycle path runs 20 feet from my house.
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Bruce »

I’ve not been out for a couple of weeks - had loads of other things to do - but had a day off work today, and headed out early. I had a small package to collect in Ayr - it would fit in the saddlebag, so that was my destination. Slapped on some suncream, and got on the road.

Saltcoats, glencairn st, dubbs rd, kilwinning, irvine harbour, gailles, troon, prestwick, heathfield. Then back to Kilwinning hy roughly the same route.

Worked out that I would have done about 44 miles by the time I got home, so added a detour towards Dalry to take it up to the 50 miles.