Threetowners cycling thread

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Re: Threetowners cycling thread

Post by Bruce »

MANBEAR wrote:Fantastic do you make the route up as you go or is it set up on your phone,I would be going round in circles :(
When I left the house, I knew that I was heading towards Baidland, but had no plans after that. I know the roads around Dalry well - spent my formative years there!

I do have a GPS on the bike - that’s what drew these maps - but I don’t tend to use it to follow pre-planned paths.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Bruce thank you for releiving my hang over hahaha mid week cycling rules
Those wimin were in the nip.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Today I headed from castlepark to Ardrossan via dubbs Rd the quarry and along the coast. Turned back at North Crescent rd then up Dalry rd.

Over the bypass and out by the busby and munnoch reservoirs, here's a wee photo of the munnoch from the top of the hill
https://goo.gl/photos/7D1a8bYWLa8te9A16

Then into West Kilbride rd and into Dalry. From there I headed to Beith, where I got caught in a nasty wee hail shower (nae gid when you have a baldy heid and bare legs) :lol:

After sheltering beneath some bushes for a while I headed to barrmill, burnthouse on to lochleabo rd and back to castlepark. 33 miles today
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Bruce »

Today, my back wheel and I took a wee trip to Glasgow. While I was busy at work, my back wheel was getting pampered, massaged and generally overhauled. I picked it up later in the day, resplendent with a complete set of new spokes.

We then travelled back to saltcoats.

The rest of the bike stayed in the garage.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Did you get any funny looks....

Great thread this-bonzo and Bruce.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Another cracking day for a cycle. After my wee jaunt up the hills on Wednesday I decided to get back into my comfort zone and stick to the coast so castlepark to Prestwick just the same way I usually go, as far as bruces well.

https://goo.gl/photos/ZF6kbYeLMNLCrPWb7

On the way home I dropped into Morrisons for some rolls and noticed they were selling 5L kegs of warsteiner beer (which was my very favourite tipple when I lived in Germany) and it fitted nicely in my rucksack. So hame with a keg of beer on my back. Makes a change being on me and not in me //funny. 32 miles today. Once I got hame jumped on the scooter back over tae Troon and bought another 2 kegs. result.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

bonzo wrote:Once I got hame jumped on the scooter back over tae Troon and bought another 2 kegs. result.
Shocked and stunned and a little bemused! Just saying what the big yin once said and it stuck! :roll:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

There was method, if I cycled back over I could only carry one but on the vespa 1 in my rucksack and 1 under the seat :think: :lol:
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Bruce »

Damp and chilly start this morning, but brightened up later.

Out via Dubbs rd, kilwinning, benslie, torranyard and on to Stewarton.

Then followed some farm roads I hadn’t been on before - dunlop, burnhouse, around the whisky bond at Barrmill, then some more back roads to Lochwinnoch. Train back to Kilwinning and home along the high road.

56km, and that’s me clocked up 1000km since the start of the year
Last edited by Bruce on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Bruce »

Thought this was quite interesting - a record of all the places I’ve been on the bike over the last couple of years.

bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

More red lines there than on an alckys nose :lol:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

You got me curious there Bruce as to my total for the year so far. Taking into account my daily commute which is about 100 miles a month I've done just under 1100 miles.