Threetowners cycling thread

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
MANBEAR
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Threetowners cycling thread

Post by MANBEAR »

bonzo wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:35 pm Terrible manbear, I take it it's the same guy, I was reading about his funeral at the weekend with all his club cycling behind the hearse.
Yes.It was a massive turn out 40 years old and gone I worked with him his brother and dad at the airport for 10 years,he had two sons.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Here's how a Polish cyclists legs looked after the 16th stage of the tour De France.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nRiPl3kzaGA04FJB3

That would put you off your dinner.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Bruce »

I saw that photo earlier. Gross....
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Nice tan though :lol:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Sir Bradley Wiggins won the Tour de France once. Chris Froome representing the UK has now won it four times.Some noises are now starting to say he is one of the best athlete's of all time but little is known of this man.He must have been born elsewhere.
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Bruce »

Froome: born in Kenya, bought up there and in South Africa. Initially represented Kenya, switched to represent Britain less than 10 years ago.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Aaaggghhh. I've been off the bike for another 6 weeks now due to a cut that keeps opening up between the top of my leg and my groin.

Back on it (just to work and back) and it's burst open again. So frustrating. Does anybody huv any good skin toughening tips?
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

I guess you will have to rest it and stay off the bike. The last thing you would want is an infection which could have more serious consequences. Miss cycling as it gives you such a liberating feeling. On my walks to Ardrossan there have been near misses on the pavement with folk coming from behind without warning. They were going so fast that if you had decided to walk to the left they would have ploughed into you. Our wonderful police are also guilty of riding on the pavement and coming from behind without warning. Some sad sights on the footpath to Saltcoats from Stevenston toads splattered by cyclists and could they not see them well I I don't know? I t just makes me sad to see these wonderful creatures lying splattered.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

bonzo wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:40 pm Aaaggghhh. I've been off the bike for another 6 weeks now due to a cut that keeps opening up between the top of my leg and my groin.

Back on it (just to work and back) and it's burst open again. So frustrating. Does anybody huv any good skin toughening tips?
Have you tried going to the doctor?
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Not yet but I think I will if it happens again maybe stitches required. I've tried surgical spirit but that has burnt my skin :smt010
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Dont be your one doctor. Get professional help. That's what the NHS is for.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Watching the tour of Britain this afternoon, stage 1 Edinburgh to Kelso some glorious views of the Scottish Borders.