What's on your bucket list?

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What's on your bucket list?

Post by Hughie »

Hope to post some photos later in the week of a completed item on our bucket list - see first post. Could be we might have to do this one again - I'm willing, it was areal experience.

So, what's on your bucket list?
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

As one who is a strong believer in the afterlife, i hope to be free to go where I wish.

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
unicornheart
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by unicornheart »

I would love to drive or be driven in a motor home across America!! :D
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Maybe next on my bucket list - don't think the wife would attempt it. Anyone else done the Sydney Harbour Bridge climb? ;) Took this from the cruise terminal:

John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

I'll pass on that one Hughie.
BTW, what are the two different flags on the bridge?

JD.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Hughie wrote:What would you add to your bucket list now we're getting on in years? Wife reckons the Great Wall of China is a must see, that's on my list too. I'd also love to sail through the Panama Canal. I often check the ships going through the canal, the canal's webcams are worth a look see: http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

So, what's on your bucket list?

Updated: Our voyage through the Panama Canal:
http://www.threetowners.net/forum/viewt ... 02#p138502
The Great Wall of China is extraordinary. However the part I walked which is a touristy bit is hard going if you aren't fit. The Chinese are great spitters and the place was festooned with the stuff. Folk also used the wee "mile castles" as toilets and the stink of urine was terrible. This was in their winter so God knows what its like in the summer. Sorry to put a damper on things maybe things are better to-day.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

John Donnelly wrote:BTW, what are the two different flags on the bridge?
Hi John, That's our national flag on the right - the stars represents the Southern Cross, and the Australian red cross flag is on the left.
On the Australian flag, the cluster of five stars comprises the constellation of the Southern Cross, which is Australia's geographical location within the Southern Hemisphere. The Commonwealth Star represents the Federation of States as six points and their unity as the seventh point.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Thanks Hughie.
Why is the red cross flag there?

JD.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Don't know why, John. World red cross day is in May, and that was taken late September. It's usually the NSW state flag that's flown alongside our national flag on Sydney's Harbour Bridge.

But at various times, other flags are put in that position. In July the French flag was flown there after the terrible truck carnage in Nice.
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Catherine Belle »

unicornheart wrote:I would love to drive or be driven in a motor home across America!! :D
A long time ago, that was mine and my husband's dream too after the kids were grown and we both retired. :)
Sometimes life throws you curve balls though.... :( Anyway, with the price of gas nowadays Our retirement savings would have left us stranded half way! lol
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Catherine Belle wrote:
unicornheart wrote:I would love to drive or be driven in a motor home across America!! :D
A long time ago, that was mine and my husband's dream too after the kids were grown and we both retired. :)
Sometimes life throws you curve balls though.... :( Anyway, with the price of gas nowadays Our retirement savings would have left us stranded half way! lol
My pal's uncle, a Catholic priest, on retirement received a gift from his parish a trip to U.S. Suddenly anyone who remotely knew him, were enlisted! Stayed a while with us, funny man. Think he made it to Hawaii. Staying at folk's places free..He had an amputated leg part and he used that to charm his way through airports...lol, God bless, father Peter, a really good man. :)
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Three grand daughters have done that with their parents - everywhere they went, folks wanted to hear their Aussie accents. Our Laura charmed them with a wink and a G'day mate! :wink: