BEST THREETOWN FUNNY MEMORIES

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: BEST THREETOWN FUNNY MEMORIES

Post by Hughie »

Great wee stories, Penny and JD. I remember my pal and I having a pee in the Regal car park and getting caught by a couple of constables who took us back to the polis station. After consulting with their seniors, they had us sit there for over an hour before sending us on our way. That was a Sunday night during the monkey walk in the fifties. Our excuse was that we couldn't wait till we got to Countess Street - we've all been there. :roll:
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Hughie wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:20 pm
morag wrote: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:53 am been trying to think of o this, but honest, although my memories of the Threetowns are good, probably the funniest was when my big sis was glum and brooding in our bedroom. I was trying to cheer her up, swinging on the lowered clothes rope, she watching, still broody, from the upstairs window, until my antics to amuse her had me flip over on the rope, come up intact with a big grin, still hanging on to the close line..she bu Lol!rst out laughing and came down and joined me..yeah, Elise, cooda broke ma neck!
If only we had a video of this. :roll: //funny
It was funny, though I may have had a few heart attacks! Ever the tomboy, don't think there's a childhood photo of me with 2 front teeth or without scabby knees! Have had a good laugh at these stories. Keep it up Hughie, you are a gem!
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Catherine Belle »

Jumping the burn was a right of passage...Swinging from a tree branch to get to the other side unscathed was watched by all. Unfortunately I failed. After much coaxing ...a lot of much coaching, I jumped and almost drowned...not really the burn was very shallow but everyone laughed anyway...I crawled home soaked to the skin but at least I tried and can laugh about it now! lol
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Catherine Belle wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:40 am Jumping the burn was a right of passage...Swinging from a tree branch to get to the other side unscathed was watched by all. Unfortunately I failed. After much coaxing ...a lot of much coaching, I jumped and almost drowned...not really the burn was very shallow but everyone laughed anyway...I crawled home soaked to the skin but at least I tried and can laugh about it now! lol
True, Catherine, it was a right of passage! God knows how we all, most, survived :shock: Up the country, doon the shore 'til all hours! Miss that!
C.S.Lewis
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Catherine Belle »

morag wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:47 pm

True, Catherine, it was a right of passage! God knows how we all, most, survived :shock: Up the country, doon the shore 'til all hours! Miss that!
Miss that too, Morag! We were lucky to have lived like that!
ps - forgot to mention there was a rope attached to the tree branch...I didn't swing out far enough...I was ten at the time and against my better judgement I thought I was bullet proof for one moment...lol. Good times.
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Catherine Belle wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:46 pm
morag wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:47 pm

Miss that too, Morag! We were lucky to have lived like that!
ps - forgot to mention there was a rope attached to the tree branch...I didn't swing out far enough...I was ten at the time and against my better judgement I thought I was bullet proof for one moment...lol. Good times.
At least the burn was shallow, even if rough at times.
C.S.Lewis