California Quake

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
calleytwo
leading Poster
leading Poster

California Quake

Post by calleytwo »

Could have been worse but not good with lives lost. Are you alright Morag. Whereabouts in California are you? Wee Ali
sally40bags
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: California Quake

Post by sally40bags »

Hi Ali, When I heard that news I thought about Morag. She lives a good bit away from today's earthquake. Mind you saying that I'm never too sure how these quakes can affect other parts of California? Hope you and the family are ok Morag
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

I'm fine..no heard of it yet,living here sometimes you get to the stage 'och well, there we go again', had some pretty major shakes mind you in the past. A friend who has lived variously in Iowa, Florida and Louisiana, has dealt with tropical storms, floods and all but is scared to death of earthquakes. Thank you for your caring! x
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

I'm in Southern Cal, about 20 mins from Pasadena, 30 L.A. we are in a between belt from the earthquake fault circles, get shook up a bit at times and some damage, but so far nothing major, she says touching wood..the San Andreas is just north but at the other side of the local mountain range. Some folk think a big a big San Andreas quake would have S. Cal floating away and eventually floating north...interesting, I promise I won't sing 'I am a rock, I am an island' well, ok, I might!
C.S.Lewis
calleytwo
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by calleytwo »

morag wrote:I'm in Southern Cal, about 20 mins from Pasadena, 30 L.A. we are in a between belt from the earthquake fault circles, get shook up a bit at times and some damage, but so far nothing major, she says touching wood..the San Andreas is just north but at the other side of the local mountain range. Some folk think a big a big San Andreas quake would have S. Cal floating away and eventually floating north...interesting, I promise I won't sing 'I am a rock, I am an island' well, ok, I might!
Depends on how much wine you are floating on yourself -eh?
sally40bags
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by sally40bags »

Glad all is well Morag. You sing if you want to girl. I felt a wee bit wobblie last night but I think it was the red wine. :lol:
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

We've had some pretty bad ones here, usually they're 'echoes' from nearby. I think the worst was Northridge, where freeway overpasses broke and people were killed. I tend to go along thinking when your time's up, your time's up! I remember once my kids all came running the bedroom door, terrified, about 4 am and telling them, 'it's just an earthquake, you're ok, there'll probably be aftershocks, go back to sleep' and they were almost disappointed I think...well we are closish to Hollywood! Once when my daughter was about 4 I was walking her to school after a quake. She was very timid but I told her it was ok. When we went outside she asked 'where's the big hole in the road and all the dinosaurs?' Lol! (may have posted that before, sorry. Still cracks me up though. ;) )
C.S.Lewis