waster

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
barbara
Settling In
Settling In

waster

Post by barbara »

have just recently joined forum and enjoying all topics but why have some people got too ruin a good thing which has took administrators a lot of time and effort too organise much too my dismay while going through forums noticed new registered user and clicked on name too find it is some horrible person not interested in other peoples memories but should be using some other webv site where they can put their useless profile on and keep off of this site
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Yes they are scum Barbara. We (moderators and I) boot them within a couple of hours of them registering.

Their idea is not so much getting members to click on the link to their site but to have their site listed in as many places as possible. They do this so they can gain a higher position in the search engine results and attract more to their site.

I added a modification to the board some time ago so they they never make it to the member's list. Perhaps the next upgrade will address this other problem.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

hewmac wrote:I added a modification to the board some time ago so they they never make it to the member's list. Perhaps the next upgrade will address this other problem.
Just added a MODification that is said to address this problem. It certainly worked during testing.